Amlodipine besylate and Endocarditis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Endocarditis is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amlodipine besylate and have Endocarditis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,217 people who have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
53,217 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate.
Among them, 29 people (0.05%) have Endocarditis.
What is Amlodipine besylate?
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 56,844 Amlodipine besylate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Endocarditis?
Endocarditis (inflammation in heart muscle) is found to be associated with 1,274 drugs and 786 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Amlodipine besylate and Endocarditis reports submitted per year:
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Endocarditis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Endocarditis when taking Amlodipine besylate *:
- female: 31.03 %
- male: 68.97 %
Age of people who have Endocarditis when taking Amlodipine besylate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.85 %
- 40-49: 7.69 %
- 50-59: 19.23 %
- 60+: 69.23 %
Common drugs people take besides Amlodipine besylate *:
- Aspirin: 8 people, 27.59%
- Allopurinol: 6 people, 20.69%
- Pantoprazole: 5 people, 17.24%
- Tacrolimus: 5 people, 17.24%
- Heparin: 5 people, 17.24%
- Lisinopril: 5 people, 17.24%
- Prednisolone: 5 people, 17.24%
- Atarax: 4 people, 13.79%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 4 people, 13.79%
- Mycophenolate Mofetil: 4 people, 13.79%
Common side effects people have besides Endocarditis *:
- Enterococcal Infection: 6 people, 20.69%
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 20.69%
- Pneumonia: 5 people, 17.24%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 5 people, 17.24%
- Chest Pain: 5 people, 17.24%
- Staphylococcal Bacteraemia (a bacterial infection of blood): 5 people, 17.24%
- Arterial Stenosis (abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve in the heart): 4 people, 13.79%
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 4 people, 13.79%
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (the thickening of the myocardium (muscle) of the left ventricle of the heart): 4 people, 13.79%
- Itching: 4 people, 13.79%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 10.34%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 10.34%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 6.90%
- Pain: 2 people, 6.90%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 6.90%
- Colorectal Cancer Metastatic (cancer of colon and rectal spreads to other parts): 2 people, 6.90%
- Ventricular Tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart): 1 person, 3.45%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 3.45%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 3.45%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 3.45%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amlodipine besylate and have Endocarditis?Check whether Endocarditis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Endocarditis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amlodipine besylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Amlodipine besylate:
- Amlodipine besylate (56,844 reports)
Common Amlodipine besylate side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,756 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,139 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,928 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,533 reports
- Weakness: 2,519 reports
- Dizziness: 2,422 reports
- Pain: 2,306 reports
Browse all side effects of Amlodipine besylate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Endocarditis treatments and more:
- Endocarditis (8,133 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Endocarditis:
- Endocarditis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Endocarditis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Endocarditis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Endocarditis:
- Prednisone: 435 reports
- Methotrexate: 284 reports
- Prednisolone: 273 reports
- Furosemide: 255 reports
- Aspirin: 212 reports
- Humira: 193 reports
- Lasix: 189 reports
- Omeprazole: 169 reports
- Mycophenolate mofetil: 167 reports
- Tacrolimus: 156 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Endocarditis:
- Endocarditis (1,274 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Endocarditis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 372 reports
- High blood pressure: 247 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 159 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 118 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 112 reports
- Preventive health care: 109 reports
- Hepatitis c: 101 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Endocarditis:
- Endocarditis (786 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amlodipine besylate (the active ingredients of Amlodipine besylate) and Amlodipine besylate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prevacid 24 Hr and Arthrotec drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Dyazide and Adrenal Mass - 25 seconds ago
- Imodium A-D and Pyridoxine drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Cytomel and Ativan drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Arava and Versed drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Halotestin and Fluid Overload - 55 seconds ago
- Oruvail and Dislocation Of Joint Prosthesis - 57 seconds ago
- Vortioxetine Hydrobromide and Diverticulitis - 59 seconds ago
- Divalproex and Electrocardiogram Qrs Complex Prolonged - a minute ago
- Paracetamol and Xylocaine Dental drug interaction - a minute ago