Amlodipine and Diarrhea - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Diarrhea is found among people who take Amlodipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amlodipine and have Diarrhea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 285,218 people who have side effects when taking Amlodipine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
285,218 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine.
Among them, 16,563 people (5.81%) have Diarrhea.
What is Amlodipine?
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 292,257 Amlodipine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is found to be associated with 4,863 drugs and 5,550 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Amlodipine and Diarrhea reports submitted per year:
Time on Amlodipine when people have Diarrhea *:
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Amlodipine*:
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Amlodipine *:
Common drugs people take besides Amlodipine *:
Common side effects people have besides Diarrhea *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amlodipine and have Diarrhea?Check whether Diarrhea is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Diarrhea and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amlodipine besylate:
- Diarrhea and drugs with ingredients of amlodipine besylate (21,571 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Amlodipine:
- Amlodipine (292,257 reports)
Common Amlodipine side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 19,532 reports
- High blood pressure: 16,687 reports
- Diarrhea: 16,563 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 15,677 reports
- Dizziness: 13,385 reports
Browse all side effects of Amlodipine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Diarrhea treatments and more:
- Diarrhea (635,813 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Diarrhea in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Diarrhea in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Diarrhea:
- Prednisone: 31,577 reports
- Aspirin: 28,546 reports
- Humira: 27,396 reports
- Metformin: 25,237 reports
- Otezla: 24,088 reports
- Revlimid: 23,781 reports
- Methotrexate: 22,508 reports
- Omeprazole: 20,344 reports
- Lisinopril: 17,320 reports
- Amlodipine: 16,563 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (4,863 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Diarrhea:
- Multiple myeloma: 27,552 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 27,466 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,538 reports
- Crohn's disease: 22,299 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 22,186 reports
- Psoriasis: 20,189 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 17,289 reports
- Pain: 16,423 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (5,550 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amlodipine besylate (the active ingredients of Amlodipine) and Amlodipine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fondaparinux Sodium and Aspirin drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Opdivo and Intestinal Obstruction - 10 seconds ago
- Keflex and Hypoglycaemia Aggravated - 11 seconds ago
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Sodium Thiosulfate drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Rash Macular and drugs of ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant - 18 seconds ago
- Bone Loss and Breathing Difficulty - 32 seconds ago
- Trovan and Breath Odor - 33 seconds ago
- Ancef and Muscle Twitching - 38 seconds ago
- Ketamine Hcl and Effexor Xr drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Imodium and Promethazine drug interaction - 41 seconds ago