Amlodipine and Obstructive uropathy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 322,024 people who have side effects when taking Amlodipine. Obstructive uropathy is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Omeprazole and have Colon cancer.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amlodipine and have Obstructive uropathy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
322,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine.
Among them, 16 people (0.0%) have Obstructive uropathy.
What is Amlodipine?
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 329,375 Amlodipine users.
What is Obstructive uropathy?
Obstructive uropathy (a blockage that prevents urine from leaving your kidneys) is found to be associated with 758 drugs and 451 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,875 people who have Obstructive uropathy.
Number of Amlodipine and Obstructive uropathy reports submitted per year:
Time on Amlodipine when people have Obstructive uropathy *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Obstructive uropathy when taking Amlodipine *:
- female: 6.25 %
- male: 93.75 %
Age of people who have Obstructive uropathy when taking Amlodipine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 84.62 %
Common drugs people take besides Amlodipine *:
- Omeprazole: 6 people, 37.50%
- Lisinopril: 5 people, 31.25%
- Doxazosin Mesylate: 4 people, 25.00%
- Allopurinol: 3 people, 18.75%
- Vitamin B12: 3 people, 18.75%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 18.75%
- Sutent: 3 people, 18.75%
- Zometa: 2 people, 12.50%
- Losartan: 2 people, 12.50%
- Loratadine: 2 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Obstructive uropathy *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 6 people, 37.50%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 5 people, 31.25%
- Unilateral Hydronephrosis (kidney stone that causes obstruction of the ureter): 5 people, 31.25%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 25.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 18.75%
- Rashes (redness): 3 people, 18.75%
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 18.75%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 2 people, 12.50%
- Eyelid Oedema (eyelids are swollen and contain excessive fluid): 2 people, 12.50%
- Fall: 2 people, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 12.50%
- Prostate Cancer: 2 people, 12.50%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 2 people, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 12.50%
- Colon Cancer: 2 people, 12.50%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 6.25%
- Pain: 1 person, 6.25%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 6.25%
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 1 person, 6.25%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amlodipine and have Obstructive uropathy?Check whether Obstructive uropathy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Amlodipine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Amlodipine side effects (329,375 reports)
Obstructive uropathy treatments and more:
- Obstructive uropathy (1,875 reports)
Common drugs associated with Obstructive uropathy:
All the drugs that are associated with Obstructive uropathy:
- Obstructive uropathy (758 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Obstructive uropathy:
- Obstructive uropathy (451 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amlodipine besylate (the active ingredients of Amlodipine) and Amlodipine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nexium and Hip Joint Replacement - 4 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Heather drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Droperidol and Cystitis Aggravated - 15 seconds ago
- Intron A and Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - 26 seconds ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Hydroxyzine Pamoate drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Nadolol and Naproxen drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Janumet Xr and Pain In Extremity - a minute ago
- Loraz and Injection Site Haematoma - a minute ago
- Novothyrox and Fatigue - a minute ago
- Cytovene Iv and Maxipime drug interaction - a minute ago