Amlodipine and Staphylococcal abscess - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Staphylococcal abscess is found among people who take Amlodipine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amlodipine and have Staphylococcal abscess. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 285,218 people who have side effects when taking Amlodipine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
285,218 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine.
Among them, 10 people (0.0%) have Staphylococcal abscess.
What is Amlodipine?
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 292,018 Amlodipine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Staphylococcal abscess?
Staphylococcal abscess (pus formation due to staphylococcal bacteria) is found to be associated with 525 drugs and 260 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Amlodipine and Staphylococcal abscess reports submitted per year:
Time on Amlodipine when people have Staphylococcal abscess *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Staphylococcal abscess when taking Amlodipine *:
- female: 44.44 %
- male: 55.56 %
Age of people who have Staphylococcal abscess when taking Amlodipine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Amlodipine *:
- Ribavirin: 3 people, 30.00%
- Ambien: 2 people, 20.00%
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 20.00%
- Aranesp: 2 people, 20.00%
- Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim: 2 people, 20.00%
- Zometa: 1 person, 10.00%
- Eprex: 1 person, 10.00%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 10.00%
- Edecrin: 1 person, 10.00%
- Effexor: 1 person, 10.00%
Common side effects people have besides Staphylococcal abscess *:
- Scrotal Abscess (pus in scrotum): 3 people, 30.00%
- Injection Site Infection: 3 people, 30.00%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 3 people, 30.00%
- Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity): 2 people, 20.00%
- Scrotal Pain: 2 people, 20.00%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 20.00%
- Herpes Zoster: 2 people, 20.00%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 2 people, 20.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 2 people, 20.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 2 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 3 people, 30.00%
- Hepatitis C: 3 people, 30.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 20.00%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 20.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 20.00%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 10.00%
- Breast Cancer Recurrent: 1 person, 10.00%
- Bronchopneumopathy: 1 person, 10.00%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 10.00%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amlodipine and have Staphylococcal abscess?Check whether Staphylococcal abscess is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Staphylococcal abscess and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amlodipine besylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Amlodipine:
- Amlodipine (292,018 reports)
Common Amlodipine side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 19,532 reports
- Diarrhea: 16,563 reports
- High blood pressure: 16,475 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 15,677 reports
- Dizziness: 13,385 reports
Browse all side effects of Amlodipine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Staphylococcal abscess treatments and more:
- Staphylococcal abscess (1,072 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Staphylococcal abscess:
- Staphylococcal abscess in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Staphylococcal abscess in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Staphylococcal abscess in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Staphylococcal abscess:
- Methotrexate: 106 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Staphylococcal abscess:
- Staphylococcal abscess (525 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Staphylococcal abscess:
- Staphylococcal abscess (260 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amlodipine besylate (the active ingredients of Amlodipine) and Amlodipine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nystatin and Fluocinonide drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Vraylar and Acne - 13 seconds ago
- Prozac and Prochlorperazine drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim and Azithromycin drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Lupron Depot-Ped and Endometriosis - 24 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate and Purpura - 47 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Singulair drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Haldol and Essential Tremor - 54 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Renal Artery Stenosis - 57 seconds ago