Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Canker sores - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Canker sores is found among people who take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and have Canker sores. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,487 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,487 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium.
Among them, 9 people (0.16%) have Canker sores.
What is Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium?
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 5,687 Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Canker sores?
Canker sores (painful, open sore in the mouth) is found to be associated with 1,363 drugs and 992 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Canker sores reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium when people have Canker sores *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Canker sores when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium *:
- female: 44.44 %
- male: 55.56 %
Age of people who have Canker sores when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 22.22 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 44.44 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Common drugs people take besides Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium *:
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 22.22%
- Metformin: 2 people, 22.22%
- Afinitor: 2 people, 22.22%
- Clopidogrel: 2 people, 22.22%
- Rabeprazole: 2 people, 22.22%
- Humira: 2 people, 22.22%
- Enbrel: 2 people, 22.22%
- Methotrexate: 1 person, 11.11%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 11.11%
- Erythromycin: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Canker sores *:
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 4 people, 44.44%
- Vitamin B Complex Deficiency: 4 people, 44.44%
- Memory Loss: 4 people, 44.44%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 4 people, 44.44%
- Feeling Abnormal: 4 people, 44.44%
- Celiac Disease - Sprue (a disease of the small intestine): 4 people, 44.44%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 4 people, 44.44%
- Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations): 4 people, 44.44%
- Pneumonia: 3 people, 33.33%
- Muscle Contractions Involuntary (uncontrolled muscle contraction): 3 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 4 people, 44.44%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 22.22%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 22.22%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 22.22%
- Itching: 2 people, 22.22%
- Entero-Enteral Or Enterocutaneous Fistula: 2 people, 22.22%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 22.22%
- Anorectal Discomfort: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and have Canker sores?Check whether Canker sores is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Canker sores and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium:
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium (5,687 reports)
Common Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Canker sores treatments and more:
- Canker sores (6,608 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Canker sores:
- Canker sores in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Canker sores in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Canker sores in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Canker sores:
All the drugs that are associated with Canker sores:
- Canker sores (1,363 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Canker sores:
All the conditions that are associated with Canker sores:
- Canker sores (992 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium (the active ingredients of Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium) and Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tamiflu and Atropine drug interaction - a second ago
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride and Gastric Ulcer - 4 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Cerebral Infarction - 4 seconds ago
- Prozac and Zofran Odt drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Acitretin and Oxygen Saturation Decreased - 15 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Gastritis - Chronic - 18 seconds ago
- Colecalciferol and Macular Oedema - 22 seconds ago
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam and Wellbutrin drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Elavil and Hiatal Hernia - 40 seconds ago
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride and Dizziness - 42 seconds ago