Amoxicillin and Diverticulitis - from FDA reports
Diverticulitis is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Diverticulitis with Amoxicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,627 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
36,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin.
Among them, 149 people (0.41%) have Diverticulitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Diverticulitis *:
- < 1 month: 87.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Amoxicillin *:
- female: 55.1 %
- male: 44.9 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Amoxicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.78 %
- 20-29: 0.78 %
- 30-39: 0.78 %
- 40-49: 14.84 %
- 50-59: 28.12 %
- 60+: 54.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (28 people, 18.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 6.04%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (7 people, 4.70%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 3.36%)
- Epilepsy (5 people, 3.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (59 people, 39.60%)
- Aredia (44 people, 29.53%)
- Aspirin (39 people, 26.17%)
- Lasix (37 people, 24.83%)
- Selenium (31 people, 20.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (70 people, 46.98%)
- Pain (68 people, 45.64%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (55 people, 36.91%)
- Osteoarthritis (45 people, 30.20%)
- Chest Pain (43 people, 28.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diverticulitis when taking Amoxicillin?
- Check symptoms - is diverticulitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiverticulitis and drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiverticulitis and Amoxicillin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 39,680 users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 16,264 Diverticulitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Amoxicillina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
Could your condition cause DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...
Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...