Amoxicillin and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amoxicillin and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 74,593 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
74,593 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin.
Among them, 10 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. eHealthMe is studying from 77,815 Amoxicillin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Amoxicillin and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Amoxicillin *:
- female: 10 %
- male: 90 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Amoxicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Amoxicillin *:
- Zometa: 8 people, 80.00%
- Celexa: 8 people, 80.00%
- Dexamethasone: 8 people, 80.00%
- Cyclophosphamide: 8 people, 80.00%
- Colace: 8 people, 80.00%
- Lasix: 8 people, 80.00%
- Lisinopril: 8 people, 80.00%
- Omnicef: 8 people, 80.00%
- Pepcid: 8 people, 80.00%
- Peridex: 8 people, 80.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 9 people, 90.00%
- Blood Pressure Diastolic Decreased: 8 people, 80.00%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 8 people, 80.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 8 people, 80.00%
- Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion: 8 people, 80.00%
- Fall: 8 people, 80.00%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 8 people, 80.00%
- Gingival Disorder (gum disease): 8 people, 80.00%
- Pain: 8 people, 80.00%
- Herpes Zoster: 8 people, 80.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 10.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 10.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 10.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 10.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amoxicillin and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Amoxicillin:
- Amoxicillin (77,815 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amoxicillin:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amoxicillin (the active ingredients of Amoxicillin) and Amoxicillin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamin D and Hypogeusia - 3 seconds ago
- Kanamycin Sulfate and Ciprofloxacin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Abilify and Alamast drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Rimactane and Protein Urine Present - 11 seconds ago
- Cefaclor and Humalog drug interaction - 14 seconds ago