Ampyra and Genital herpes - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Genital herpes is reported only by a few people who take Ampyra.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ampyra and have Genital herpes. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,087 people who have side effects while taking Ampyra from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
75,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Ampyra.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Genital herpes.
What is Ampyra?
Ampyra has active ingredients of dalfampridine. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 75,227 Ampyra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Genital herpes?
Genital herpes (herpes infection of genital) is found to be associated with 905 drugs and 498 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ampyra and Genital herpes reports submitted per year:
Time on Ampyra when people have Genital herpes *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Genital herpes when taking Ampyra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Genital herpes when taking Ampyra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 75 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ampyra *:
- Zofran: 1 person, 25.00%
- Tysabri: 1 person, 25.00%
- Asa: 1 person, 25.00%
- Ativan: 1 person, 25.00%
- Bentyl: 1 person, 25.00%
- Carafate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dimethyl Fumarate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fluoxetine: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Genital herpes *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 50.00%
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 50.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 25.00%
- Dental Caries: 1 person, 25.00%
- Adverse Drug Reaction: 1 person, 25.00%
- Eye Infection Fungal: 1 person, 25.00%
- Escherichia Urinary Tract Infection (urinary tract infection by escherichia coli): 1 person, 25.00%
- Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 25.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 1 person, 25.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 1 person, 25.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 25.00%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ampyra and have Genital herpes?Check whether Genital herpes is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Genital herpes and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dalfampridine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ampyra:
- Ampyra (75,227 reports)
Common Ampyra side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 8,776 reports
- Weakness: 6,572 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,118 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 4,633 reports
Browse all side effects of Ampyra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Genital herpes treatments and more:
- Genital herpes (4,260 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Genital herpes:
- Genital herpes in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Genital herpes in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Genital herpes in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Genital herpes:
All the drugs that are associated with Genital herpes:
- Genital herpes (905 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Genital herpes:
All the conditions that are associated with Genital herpes:
- Genital herpes (498 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dalfampridine (the active ingredients of Ampyra) and Ampyra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Morphine Sulfate and Atherosclerosis - now
- Diethylpropion Hydrochloride and Weakness - a second ago
- L-Methylfolate vs. Buprenorphine Hydrochloride - a second ago
- Duloxetine Hydrochloride and Renal Failure Chronic Aggravated - 2 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Prezista drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Prezista and Raltegravir drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Indapamide vs. Clonazepam - 4 seconds ago
- Lotensin Hct vs. Pravastatin Sodium - 7 seconds ago
- Memory Loss and Bradycardia - 8 seconds ago
- Ipratropium Bromide and Butalbital And Acetaminophen drug interaction - 9 seconds ago