Apidra and Nerve compression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nerve compression is found among people who take Apidra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Apidra and have Nerve compression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,723 people who have side effects when taking Apidra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,723 people reported to have side effects when taking Apidra.
Among them, 15 people (0.15%) have Nerve compression.
What is Apidra?
Apidra has active ingredients of insulin glulisine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 9,319 Apidra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nerve compression?
Nerve compression is found to be associated with 1,048 drugs and 607 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Apidra and Nerve compression reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nerve compression when taking Apidra *:
- female: 61.54 %
- male: 38.46 %
Age of people who have Nerve compression when taking Apidra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 41.67 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Apidra *:
- Lantus: 9 people, 60.00%
- Metformin: 6 people, 40.00%
- Norvasc: 5 people, 33.33%
- Crestor: 5 people, 33.33%
- Zantac: 4 people, 26.67%
- Flomax: 4 people, 26.67%
- Proair Hfa: 3 people, 20.00%
- Nexium: 3 people, 20.00%
- Mavik: 2 people, 13.33%
- Effexor: 2 people, 13.33%
Common side effects people have besides Nerve compression *:
- Blood Glucose Increased: 7 people, 46.67%
- Fall: 6 people, 40.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 5 people, 33.33%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 33.33%
- Weakness: 4 people, 26.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4 people, 26.67%
- Crying: 3 people, 20.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 20.00%
- Heart Attack: 3 people, 20.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 3 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Heart Disease: 3 people, 20.00%
- Nervousness: 3 people, 20.00%
- Blood Glucose Abnormal: 3 people, 20.00%
- Fluid Imbalance (imbalance of fluid in body in intake and fluid lost): 3 people, 20.00%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 3 people, 20.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 20.00%
- Heart Attack: 3 people, 20.00%
- Blood Disorder: 3 people, 20.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 20.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 13.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Apidra and have Nerve compression?Check whether Nerve compression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nerve compression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of insulin glulisine recombinant:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Apidra:
- Apidra (9,319 reports)
Common Apidra side effects:
Browse all side effects of Apidra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nerve compression treatments and more:
- Nerve compression (10,297 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nerve compression:
- Nerve compression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nerve compression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nerve compression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Nerve compression:
All the drugs that are associated with Nerve compression:
- Nerve compression (1,048 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nerve compression:
All the conditions that are associated with Nerve compression:
- Nerve compression (607 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on insulin glulisine recombinant (the active ingredients of Apidra) and Apidra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Entyvio and Fall - 2 seconds ago
- Metformin and Metastases To Stomach - 5 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Intestinal Resection - 6 seconds ago
- Soliris and Uterine Leiomyoma - 8 seconds ago
- Klor-Con M20 and Glossitis - 9 seconds ago
- Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim and Rheumatoid Arthritis Aggravated - 9 seconds ago
- Beyaz and Geodon drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Mucous Stools - 10 seconds ago
- Lasix and Poor Quality Sleep - 10 seconds ago
- Daptomycin and Pancreatitis Acute - 12 seconds ago