Aprepitant and Intestinal volvulus - from FDA reports
Intestinal volvulus is found among people who take Aprepitant, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Dexamethasone, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Intestinal volvulus with Aprepitant. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,879 people who have side effects when taking Aprepitant from FDA, and is updated regularly.
1,879 people reported to have side effects when taking Aprepitant.
Among them, 24 people (1.28%) have Intestinal volvulus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aprepitant when people have Intestinal volvulus *:
- < 1 month: 85.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Intestinal volvulus when taking Aprepitant *:
- female: 54.17 %
- male: 45.83 %
Age of people who have Intestinal volvulus when taking Aprepitant *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8.7 %
- 40-49: 4.35 %
- 50-59: 26.09 %
- 60+: 60.87 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 6 people, 25.00%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (pancreatic cancer- metastatic): 5 people, 20.83%
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer originating from white blood cells): 4 people, 16.67%
- Gastroesophageal Cancer: 3 people, 12.50%
- Cough: 3 people, 12.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Palonosetron: 9 people, 37.50%
- Dexamethasone: 9 people, 37.50%
- Cisplatin: 8 people, 33.33%
- Ibuprofen: 7 people, 29.17%
- Ondansetron: 7 people, 29.17%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 9 people, 37.50%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 9 people, 37.50%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 7 people, 29.17%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6 people, 25.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 6 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Intestinal volvulus
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Intestinal volvulus in Aprepitant
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Aprepitant and Intestinal volvulus
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Aprepitant has active ingredients of aprepitant. (latest outcomes from Aprepitant 1,882 users)
Intestinal volvulus (complete twisting of a loop of intestine around its mesenteric attachment site) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 28,515 Intestinal volvulus patients).
Drugs that are associated with Intestinal volvulusIntestinal volvulus (1,119 drugs)
Could your condition cause Intestinal volvulusIntestinal volvulus (1,846 conditions)
Aprepitant side effects
- Aprepitant side effects (1,882 reports)
Browse all side effects of Aprepitanta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Aprepitant and have Intestinal Volvulus
- Support group for people who have Intestinal Volvulus
- Support group for people who take Aprepitant
You may be interested in these posts
- Have Neuroendocrine tumour of small bowel with spread to liver capsule and mesentery. Operated on 2 years ago, followed by pretty severe bile salts diarrhoea. 2 months ago started taking questran, and 2 weeks ago landed up in hospital with acute total bowel obstruction. Coincidence? My...
- I am suffering from ileus since March 2018 a constant abdominal pain I don't wan't to eat , I lost a lot of weight . I feel a rope tighting my stomach is so painful . I had ti go to hospital I am still here since April 10th - through today June 5th .
- Does the phenergan cause a bowel obstruction?
- Hello! My 17 year old son has had three bowel surgeries in two years. Volvulus. He had his last surgery a week ago and is having difficulty sleeping. The doctor prescribed him Benadryl but I am afraid it could cause him bowel obstruction. Anybody with a similar experience?
- I am Michael Bardsley, aged 89 and have been taking Pregabalin (300 mcgs daily) for nine months. Six weeks ago the symptoms of what I now know to be "bowel obstruction" began. That is to say I suddenly found I was not getting my normal daily urge to defecate. It was taking three/four days. This...
- Will you have Rheumatoid Arthritis with Nystatin?
- Will you have Throat Cancer with Alendronate Sodium?
- Will you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease with Taxotere?
- Will you have Inability To Sleep with Rebif?
- Will you have Blood Gases with Clopidogrel?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Nystatin and have Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Support group for people who take Alendronate Sodium and have Throat Cancer?
- Support group for people who take Taxotere and have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease?
- Support group for people who take Rebif and have Inability To Sleep?
- Support group for people who take Clopidogrel and have Blood Gases?
- I had a PE in my lung haven’t been the same since was put on a blood thinner and had burning...
- would like to see the response to her comments/question.
- Had marina 4 years last year had blood clot in my lung in October then breathing issues and...
- I have lost my sense of taste since last October, not only can I not taste but all food tasted very...
- I have lost me sense of taste and have been taking zertex during this time and have not been able...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.