Aprepitant and Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal - from FDA reports
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal is found among people who take Aprepitant, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Palonosetron, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,273 people who have side effects when taking Aprepitant from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
2,273 people reported to have side effects when taking Aprepitant.
Among them, 29 people (1.28%) have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aprepitant when people have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal *:
- < 1 month: 85.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal when taking Aprepitant *:
- female: 46.43 %
- male: 53.57 %
Age of people who have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal when taking Aprepitant *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 6 people, 20.69%
- Bronchial Carcinoma (lung cancer): 5 people, 17.24%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (pancreatic cancer- metastatic): 5 people, 17.24%
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer originating from white blood cells): 4 people, 13.79%
- Gastroesophageal Cancer: 3 people, 10.34%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Dexamethasone: 9 people, 31.03%
- Palonosetron: 9 people, 31.03%
- Cisplatin: 8 people, 27.59%
- Ondansetron: 7 people, 24.14%
- Ibuprofen: 7 people, 24.14%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 9 people, 31.03%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 9 people, 31.03%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 7 people, 24.14%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 20.69%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6 people, 20.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal while taking Aprepitant?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
- Subscribe to monitor Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal in Aprepitant
You are not alone:
Aprepitant has active ingredients of aprepitant. (latest outcomes from Aprepitant 2,276 users)
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal (a motility disorder with symptoms like those of a bowel blockage, but with no physical evidence of blockage or obstruction) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 33,521 Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal patients).
Drugs that are associated with Pseudo-obstruction - intestinalPseudo-obstruction - intestinal (2,122 drugs)
Could your condition cause Pseudo-obstruction - intestinalPseudo-obstruction - intestinal (1,849 conditions)
Aprepitant side effects
- Aprepitant side effects (2,276 reports)
Browse all side effects of Aprepitanta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Naproxen Sodium and Nexplanon drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have White Blood Cell Count Abnormal with Levaquin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stools - Watery with Metrocream? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Loose Bowel Movements with Metrocream? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Frequent Bowel Movements with Metrocream? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Yasmin - 43 minutes ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Tecfidera - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Latuda for a 35 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Latuda - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Latuda - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.