Arava and Systemic lupus erythematosus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Arava, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Arava and have Systemic lupus erythematosus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 67,744 people who have side effects when taking Arava from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
67,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Arava.
Among them, 7,038 people (10.39%) have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
What is Arava?
Arava has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 68,104 Arava users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) is found to be associated with 2,205 drugs and 1,495 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Arava and Systemic lupus erythematosus reports submitted per year:
Time on Arava when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus *:
Gender of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Arava*:
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Arava *:
Common drugs people take besides Arava *:
Common side effects people have besides Systemic lupus erythematosus *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Arava and have Systemic lupus erythematosus?Check whether Systemic lupus erythematosus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hania A, "Pyoderma Gangrenosum in a Patient With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Case Report", Journal of Medical Cases, 2014 Aug .
- Hu P, Lu L, Hu B, Deng F, Fei WJ, "Cyclophosphamide‐Induced Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a Young Girl With Lupus", The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2012 Apr .
How severe was Systemic lupus erythematosus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of leflunomide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Arava:
- Arava (68,104 reports)
Common Arava side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 29,227 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 20,257 reports
- Pain: 15,453 reports
- Joint pain: 12,490 reports
- Joint swelling: 12,313 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11,298 reports
- Rashes (redness): 10,661 reports
Browse all side effects of Arava:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Systemic lupus erythematosus treatments and more:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (61,960 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Humira: 10,390 reports
- Prednisone: 9,611 reports
- Methotrexate: 9,255 reports
- Remicade: 8,872 reports
- Enbrel: 8,359 reports
- Orencia: 7,533 reports
- Cimzia: 7,105 reports
- Arava: 7,038 reports
- Actemra: 6,809 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 6,540 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2,205 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 10,615 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,632 reports
- Psoriasis: 1,457 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 823 reports
- High blood pressure: 742 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (1,495 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on leflunomide (the active ingredients of Arava) and Arava (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Halothane and High Blood Pressure - a second ago
- Carbamazepine and Neutrophil Toxic Granulation Present - 8 seconds ago
- Celestone and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - 13 seconds ago
- Fenoterol Hydrobromide and Oedema - 16 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Benign Ovarian Tumor - 17 seconds ago
- Copaxone and Logorrhea - 19 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Tecentriq drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Ketek and Allergic Rhinitis - 21 seconds ago
- Benicar Hct and Tension Headache - 24 seconds ago
- Duopa and Skin Abscess - 27 seconds ago