Aredia and Pleural fluid - from FDA reports
Pleural fluid is found among people who take Aredia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Pleural fluid with Aredia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,663 people who have side effects when taking Aredia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 17, 2017
14,663 people reported to have side effects when taking Aredia.
Among them, 1,634 people (11.14%) have Pleural fluid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aredia when people have Pleural fluid *:
- < 1 month: 2.82 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.64 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.7 %
- 1 - 2 years: 28.63 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.06 %
- 5 - 10 years: 17.74 %
- 10+ years: 0.4 %
Gender of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Aredia *:
- female: 72.9 %
- male: 27.1 %
Age of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Aredia *:
- 0-1: 0.08 %
- 2-9: 0.15 %
- 10-19: 0.62 %
- 20-29: 0.46 %
- 30-39: 2.16 %
- 40-49: 14.27 %
- 50-59: 38.19 %
- 60+: 44.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (365 people, 22.34%)
- Osteoporosis (145 people, 8.87%)
- Depression (145 people, 8.87%)
- Pain (134 people, 8.20%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (123 people, 7.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (1,393 people, 85.25%)
- Lasix (507 people, 31.03%)
- Coumadin (422 people, 25.83%)
- Percocet (406 people, 24.85%)
- Prednisone (372 people, 22.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (1,276 people, 78.09%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (1,262 people, 77.23%)
- Stress And Anxiety (1,061 people, 64.93%)
- Anaemia (865 people, 52.94%)
- Breathing Difficulty (862 people, 52.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pleural fluid when taking Aredia?
- Check symptoms - is pleural fluid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPleural fluid and drugs with ingredients of pamidronate disodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePleural fluid and Aredia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aredia has active ingredients of pamidronate disodium. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Aredia 14,700 users)
Pleural fluid has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic myeloid leukaemia, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 50,017 Pleural fluid patients).
Browse all side effects of Arediaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Pleural fluidPleural fluid
Could your condition cause Pleural fluidPleural fluid
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
33 male, Toronto Canada Started taking amlodipine 8 months ago along with Chlorthalidone to treat high blood pressure. Dosage was upped 3 months ago from 1 pill to 1 1/2 pills daily (7.5mg) 2 months later diagnosed with "viral" pleurisy, unable to nail down why fluid is collecting under my ...
I have had several flair ups of gout in my toes, fingers and lately my elbows. Blood tests say that I do not have gout. I found some information that gout can be linked to plueral effusions. I have had fluid removed from my lungs several times. I cannot get my doctor to check for a ...
On tysabri 10 years then suddenly developed a cardiac tamonade and bi-lateral pleural effusions at the same time. No cause was determined with extensive testing, 5 days in cardiac ICU and 7 more on telemetry unit. Incidental finding of malignant lung tumor found at the same time. Had surgery to ...