Aredia and Quinsy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Quinsy is found among people who take Aredia, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aredia and have Quinsy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,205 people who have side effects when taking Aredia from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,205 people reported to have side effects when taking Aredia.
Among them, 7 people (0.05%) have Quinsy.
What is Aredia?
Aredia has active ingredients of pamidronate disodium. It is often used in breast cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 15,283 Aredia users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Quinsy?
Quinsy (a collection of pus beside the tonsil) is found to be associated with 589 drugs and 463 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aredia and Quinsy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Quinsy when taking Aredia *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Quinsy when taking Aredia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 85.71 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Aredia *:
- Zometa: 7 people, 100.00%
- Herceptin: 7 people, 100.00%
- Aranesp: 7 people, 100.00%
- Aromasin: 7 people, 100.00%
- Carboplatin: 7 people, 100.00%
- Cardizem: 7 people, 100.00%
- Faslodex: 7 people, 100.00%
- Zofran: 7 people, 100.00%
- Gemcitabine: 7 people, 100.00%
- Klor-Con: 7 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Quinsy *:
- Weight Decreased: 7 people, 100.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 7 people, 100.00%
- Femoral Neck Fracture (neck of femur bone fracture): 7 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 7 people, 100.00%
- Gastric Polyps (abnormal growth of stomach tissue projecting from a mucous membrane): 7 people, 100.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 7 people, 100.00%
- Gastritis Erosive (a break in the surface layer of the membrane lining the stomach with infection): 7 people, 100.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 7 people, 100.00%
- Gums - Swollen: 7 people, 100.00%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 7 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 3 people, 42.86%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aredia and have Quinsy?Check whether Quinsy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Quinsy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pamidronate disodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aredia:
- Aredia (15,283 reports)
Common Aredia side effects:
- Pain: 5,860 reports
- Aseptic necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 5,034 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 4,837 reports
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 3,477 reports
Browse all side effects of Aredia:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Quinsy treatments and more:
- Quinsy (893 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Quinsy:
- Quinsy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Quinsy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Quinsy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Quinsy:
- Quinsy (589 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Quinsy:
- Quinsy (463 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pamidronate disodium (the active ingredients of Aredia) and Aredia (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Famotidine and Scrotal Swelling - 6 seconds ago
- Hypoglycemia in Losartan, how severe and when it was recovered? - 7 seconds ago
- Ritonavir and Benzonatate drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Detrol and General Physical Condition Abnormal - 14 seconds ago
- Fludarabine Phosphate and Organic Brain Syndrome - 15 seconds ago
- Combivent and Loss Of Control Of Legs - 23 seconds ago
- Fulvestrant and Fentanyl drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Mercaptopurine and Prednisolone Acetate drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Cardiolite drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Escitalopram Oxalate and Quit Smoking - 51 seconds ago