Arginine and Rls - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rls is found among people who take Arginine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Arginine and have Rls. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,740 people who have side effects when taking Arginine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
1,740 people reported to have side effects when taking Arginine.
Among them, 8 people (0.46%) have Rls.
What is Arginine?
Arginine has active ingredients of l - arginine. It is often used in erection problems. eHealthMe is studying from 1,936 Arginine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rls?
Rls (restless legs syndrome) is found to be associated with 2,311 drugs and 1,704 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Arginine and Rls reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rls when taking Arginine *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Rls when taking Arginine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Arginine *:
- Vitamin B12: 7 people, 87.50%
- Biotin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 37.50%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 25.00%
- Flaxseed: 2 people, 25.00%
- Melatonin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Malic Acid: 2 people, 25.00%
- Magnesium: 2 people, 25.00%
- Xyrem: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lupron Depot: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Rls *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 50.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 3 people, 37.50%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 3 people, 37.50%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 2 people, 25.00%
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 25.00%
- Weight Increased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 25.00%
- Initial Insomnia (feeling of inadequate or poor-quality sleep): 2 people, 25.00%
- Influenza Like Illness: 2 people, 25.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Prostate Cancer: 2 people, 25.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 25.00%
- Gastrointestinal Pain: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 2 people, 25.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 25.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 12.50%
- Impaired Gastric Emptying: 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Arginine and have Rls?Check whether Rls is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Arginine:
- Arginine (1,936 reports)
Rls treatments and more:
- Rls (41,927 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Rls:
- Rls in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Rls in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Rls in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Rls and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of l - arginine:
- Rls and drugs with ingredients of l - arginine (4 reports)
Common drugs associated with Rls:
All the drugs that are associated with Rls:
- Rls (2,311 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rls:
All the conditions that are associated with Rls:
- Rls (1,704 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on l - arginine (the active ingredients of Arginine) and Arginine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.