Aricept and Insomnia - from FDA reports
Insomnia is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Namenda, and have Dementia alzheimer's type. This review analyzes which people have Insomnia with Aricept. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,675 people who have side effects when taking Aricept from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
18,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept.
Among them, 436 people (2.33%) have Insomnia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aricept when people have Insomnia *:
- < 1 month: 56.72 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.45 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.99 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.96 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Aricept *:
- female: 58.97 %
- male: 41.03 %
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Aricept *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.26 %
- 30-39: 2.12 %
- 40-49: 3.44 %
- 50-59: 12.43 %
- 60+: 81.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (71 people, 16.28%)
- Depression (29 people, 6.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (24 people, 5.50%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 4.59%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (17 people, 3.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Namenda (86 people, 19.72%)
- Seroquel (56 people, 12.84%)
- Aspirin (52 people, 11.93%)
- Norvasc (47 people, 10.78%)
- Cymbalta (41 people, 9.40%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (85 people, 19.50%)
- Gait Disturbance (77 people, 17.66%)
- Fatigue (74 people, 16.97%)
- Fall (72 people, 16.51%)
- Agitation (72 people, 16.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Insomnia when taking Aricept?
- Check symptoms - is insomnia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInsomnia and drugs with ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsomnia and Aricept from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aricept has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in alzheimer's disease. (latest outcomes from Aricept 19,642 users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 230,070 Insomnia patients).
Browse all side effects of Aricepta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with InsomniaInsomnia
Could your condition cause InsomniaInsomnia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Please be kind and let me know what to do with strong dowdiness already at the start of the medication with donepezil 5mg 1x1. Today is the day no3. It is a female patient 89 y. Will it go over spontaneously ? If yes when? Is it a signal to definitely quit this medication? Alternatively ...
hi everyone~ i need help with nightmares and night terrors and sleep paralysis... i've had all these issues for my life but since i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking levothyroxine it feels like my nightmares are more vivid and jarring 😰 it causes me anxiety at night to ...