Aripiprazole and Injection site discomfort - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 34,789 people who have side effects when taking Aripiprazole. Injection site discomfort is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Abilify and have Schizoaffective disorder.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aripiprazole and have Injection site discomfort. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
34,789 people reported to have side effects when taking Aripiprazole.
Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Injection site discomfort.
What is Aripiprazole?
Aripiprazole has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is used in depression. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 35,055 Aripiprazole users.
What is Injection site discomfort?
Injection site discomfort is found to be associated with 742 drugs and 358 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 9,072 people who have Injection site discomfort.
Number of Aripiprazole and Injection site discomfort reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Injection site discomfort when taking Aripiprazole *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Injection site discomfort when taking Aripiprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 25 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Aripiprazole *:
- Lipitor: 4 people, 50.00%
- Eliquis: 4 people, 50.00%
- Abilify: 4 people, 50.00%
- Lantus: 3 people, 37.50%
- Geodon: 3 people, 37.50%
- Pioglitazone: 2 people, 25.00%
- Losartan: 2 people, 25.00%
- Prozac: 2 people, 25.00%
- Prazosin Hydrochloride: 1 person, 12.50%
- Potassium Chloride: 1 person, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Injection site discomfort *:
- Injection Site Pain: 4 people, 50.00%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 4 people, 50.00%
- Drug Intolerance (drug sensitivity): 4 people, 50.00%
- Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood): 3 people, 37.50%
- Drug Ineffective: 3 people, 37.50%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 3 people, 37.50%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 3 people, 37.50%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 2 people, 25.00%
- Hallucination, Visual (seeing things that aren't there): 2 people, 25.00%
- Skin Fissures (a crack in the skin): 1 person, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 3 people, 37.50%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 12.50%
- Dermatitis Atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aripiprazole and have Injection site discomfort?Check whether Injection site discomfort is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Cetin, M., Celik, M., Cakici, M., Polat, M., & Suner, A, "Aripiprazole-Induced Hoarseness", Turk Psikiyatri Dergisi, 2018 Jan .
- Cetin M, Celik M, Cakici M, Polat M, Suner A, "Aripiprazole induced non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema: a case report", Turk Psikiyatri Dergisi, 2014 Dec .
Aripiprazole side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Aripiprazole side effects (35,055 reports)
Injection site discomfort treatments and more:
- Injection site discomfort (9,072 reports)
Common drugs associated with Injection site discomfort:
- Enbrel: 1,865 reports
- Humira: 614 reports
- Repatha: 562 reports
- Sandostatin: 555 reports
- Sandostatin lar: 441 reports
- Dupixent: 349 reports
- Methotrexate: 319 reports
- Trulicity: 317 reports
- Prednisone: 313 reports
- Metformin: 267 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Injection site discomfort:
- Injection site discomfort (742 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Injection site discomfort:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,199 reports
- Psoriasis: 475 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 463 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 403 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 265 reports
- Osteoporosis: 249 reports
- Asthma: 240 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Injection site discomfort:
- Injection site discomfort (358 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aripiprazole (the active ingredients of Aripiprazole) and Aripiprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Bosulif drug interaction - now
- Vicoprofen and Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage - 5 seconds ago
- Advil and Osteomyelitis Acute - 14 seconds ago
- Akynzeo and Bone Pain Aggravated - 15 seconds ago
- Vasopressin and Tadalafil drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Lopurin and Nizoral drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Fiorinal and Prograf drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Miconazole Nitrate drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Unithroid and Nevanac drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Cranberry drug interaction - 33 seconds ago