Armour thyroid and Breathing difficulty - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 10,322 people who have side effects when taking Armour thyroid. Breathing difficulty is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Vitamin d3 and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Armour thyroid and have Breathing difficulty. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,322 people reported to have side effects when taking Armour thyroid.
Among them, 460 people (4.46%) have Breathing difficulty.
What is Armour thyroid?
Armour thyroid has active ingredients of thyroid tablets, usp. It is used in hypothyroidism. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 11,320 Armour thyroid users.
What is Breathing difficulty?
Breathing difficulty is found to be associated with 4,898 drugs and 6,009 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 629,579 people who have Breathing difficulty.
Number of Armour thyroid and Breathing difficulty reports submitted per year:
Time on Armour thyroid when people have Breathing difficulty *:
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Armour thyroid*:
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Armour thyroid *:
Common drugs people take besides Armour thyroid *:
Common side effects people have besides Breathing difficulty *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Armour thyroid and have Breathing difficulty?Check whether Breathing difficulty is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Armour thyroid side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Armour thyroid side effects (11,320 reports)
Breathing difficulty treatments and more:
- Breathing difficulty (629,579 reports)
Common drugs associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Prednisone: 43,965 reports
- Aspirin: 33,313 reports
- Spiriva: 27,693 reports
- Symbicort: 22,890 reports
- Furosemide: 20,941 reports
- Albuterol: 20,928 reports
- Methotrexate: 19,483 reports
- Pantoprazole: 19,398 reports
- Omeprazole: 19,335 reports
- Metformin: 18,279 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (4,898 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Asthma: 46,342 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 37,578 reports
- High blood pressure: 28,171 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 27,851 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 26,036 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (6,009 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on thyroid tablets, usp (the active ingredients of Armour thyroid) and Armour thyroid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nuedexta and Buspar drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Oncovin and Wellbutrin Xl drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Fosamax and Namzaric drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Leuprolide Acetate and Pergonal drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Butrans drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Luvox and Pimozide drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Zolpidem and Incruse Ellipta drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Antivert and Eskalith Cr drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Multihance and Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - a minute ago
- Omeprazole and Cystoid Macular Oedema - a minute ago