Aromasin and Astigmatism - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Astigmatism is found among people who take Aromasin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aromasin and have Astigmatism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,888 people who have side effects when taking Aromasin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,888 people reported to have side effects when taking Aromasin.
Among them, 12 people (0.1%) have Astigmatism.
What is Aromasin?
Aromasin has active ingredients of exemestane. It is often used in breast cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 12,127 Aromasin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism (refractive error of the eye in which parallel rays of light from an external source do not converge on a single focal point on the retina) is found to be associated with 840 drugs and 378 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aromasin and Astigmatism reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Astigmatism when taking Aromasin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Astigmatism when taking Aromasin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Aromasin *:
- Zometa: 12 people, 100.00%
- Amoxicillin: 11 people, 91.67%
- Arimidex: 10 people, 83.33%
- Flexeril: 8 people, 66.67%
- Miacalcin: 8 people, 66.67%
- Meloxicam: 8 people, 66.67%
- Maxipime: 8 people, 66.67%
- Lortab: 8 people, 66.67%
- Lorcet-Hd: 8 people, 66.67%
- Hydroxyzine: 8 people, 66.67%
Common side effects people have besides Astigmatism *:
- Vision Blurred: 12 people, 100.00%
- Seborrhoeic Keratosis (noncancerous (benign) skin growths that some people develop as they age. they often appear on the back or chest): 12 people, 100.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 12 people, 100.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12 people, 100.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 12 people, 100.00%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 12 people, 100.00%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 12 people, 100.00%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 11 people, 91.67%
- Tenderness (pain or discomfort when an affected area is touched): 11 people, 91.67%
- Synovial Cyst (cyst of joint filled with synovial fluid): 11 people, 91.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 11 people, 91.67%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 8.33%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 8.33%
- Metastases To Pelvis (cancer spreads to pelvis): 1 person, 8.33%
- Drug Dependence: 1 person, 8.33%
- Breast Cancer Recurrent: 1 person, 8.33%
- Bone Loss: 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aromasin and have Astigmatism?Check whether Astigmatism is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Astigmatism and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of exemestane:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aromasin:
- Aromasin (12,127 reports)
Common Aromasin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,308 reports
- Pain: 1,222 reports
- Joint pain: 1,214 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 899 reports
- Weakness: 888 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 867 reports
- Diarrhea: 784 reports
Browse all side effects of Aromasin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Astigmatism treatments and more:
- Astigmatism (1,846 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Astigmatism:
- Astigmatism in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Astigmatism in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Astigmatism in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Astigmatism:
All the drugs that are associated with Astigmatism:
- Astigmatism (840 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Astigmatism:
- Multiple sclerosis: 112 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Astigmatism:
- Astigmatism (378 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on exemestane (the active ingredients of Aromasin) and Aromasin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zestril and Cotrim drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Buspirone Hcl and Injection Site Pain - 9 seconds ago
- Trimethoprim and Visicol drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Balversa and Eczema - 12 seconds ago
- Balversa and Dermatitis - Atopic - 12 seconds ago
- Fragmin and Alendronic Acid drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Kenalog-40 and Nexium drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Keppra and Nasal Disorder - 15 seconds ago
- Ambien Cr and Avonex drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Tonsillitis and Rashes - 17 seconds ago