Arthrotec and Pelvic pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 11,339 people who have side effects when taking Arthrotec. Pelvic pain is found, especially among people who are 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Dilaudid and have Ankylosing spondylitis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Arthrotec and have Pelvic pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,339 people reported to have side effects when taking Arthrotec.
Among them, 42 people (0.37%) have Pelvic pain.
What is Arthrotec?
Arthrotec has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium; misoprostol. It is used in arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 11,755 Arthrotec users.
What is Pelvic pain?
Pelvic pain is found to be associated with 1,616 drugs and 964 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 20,756 people who have Pelvic pain.
Number of Arthrotec and Pelvic pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Arthrotec when people have Pelvic pain *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Pelvic pain when taking Arthrotec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.78 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.56 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Arthrotec *:
- Cosentyx: 30 people, 71.43%
- Humira: 30 people, 71.43%
- Dilaudid: 30 people, 71.43%
- Dexilant: 28 people, 66.67%
- Simponi: 28 people, 66.67%
- Diclofenac: 19 people, 45.24%
- Morphine Sulfate: 13 people, 30.95%
- Prednisone: 11 people, 26.19%
- Lansoprazole: 11 people, 26.19%
- Fentanyl Citrate: 10 people, 23.81%
Common side effects people have besides Pelvic pain *:
- Joint Pain: 38 people, 90.48%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 33 people, 78.57%
- Dizziness: 32 people, 76.19%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 32 people, 76.19%
- Diarrhea: 32 people, 76.19%
- Burning Sensation: 32 people, 76.19%
- Neck Pain: 31 people, 73.81%
- Back Pain: 31 people, 73.81%
- Kidney Infection: 30 people, 71.43%
- Feeling Hot: 30 people, 71.43%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 28 people, 66.67%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 11.90%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 4.76%
- Pain In Jaw: 2 people, 4.76%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 2.38%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 2.38%
- Mitral Valve Prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well): 1 person, 2.38%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 2.38%
- Endometrial Cancer: 1 person, 2.38%
- Depression: 1 person, 2.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Arthrotec and have Pelvic pain?Check whether Pelvic pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Arthrotec side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Arthrotec side effects (11,755 reports)
Pelvic pain treatments and more:
- Pelvic pain (20,756 reports)
Common drugs associated with Pelvic pain:
- Mirena: 4,563 reports
- Plan b: 2,463 reports
- Plan b one-step: 2,418 reports
- Paragard t 380a: 1,400 reports
- Lupron: 958 reports
- Lupron depot: 832 reports
- Prednisone: 564 reports
- Ibuprofen: 540 reports
- Profen: 540 reports
- Ibu: 540 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pelvic pain:
- Pelvic pain (1,616 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pelvic pain:
- Birth control: 5,957 reports
- Endometriosis: 883 reports
- Pain: 560 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 495 reports
- Osteoporosis: 465 reports
- High blood pressure: 429 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pelvic pain:
- Pelvic pain (964 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diclofenac sodium; misoprostol (the active ingredients of Arthrotec) and Arthrotec (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Suboxone and Keppra drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Savella and Klonopin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Niaspan and Pulmonary Embolism - 26 seconds ago
- Docetaxel and Miacalcin drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Protonix and Lactobacillus drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Acidophilus and Disease Progression - 57 seconds ago
- Levofloxacin and Parkinson'S Disease - a minute ago
- Zyloprim and Joint Pain - a minute ago
- Blephamide and Renal Failure - Acute - a minute ago
- Blephamide and Acute Kidney Failure - a minute ago