Will you have Aggression with Asacol - from FDA reports
Aggression is found among people who take Asacol, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Pepcid, and have Blood testosterone decreased. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,768 people who have side effects when taking Asacol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on mesalamine (the active ingredients of Asacol) and Asacol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Aggression are also considered in the study.
What is Asacol?
Asacol has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis. (latest outcomes from Asacol 13,451 users)
What is Aggression?
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia (latest reports from 47,331 Aggression patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
12,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Asacol.
Among them, 26 people (0.2%) have Aggression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Asacol when people have Aggression *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Asacol *:
- female: 23.08 %
- male: 76.92 %
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Asacol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.33 %
- 20-29: 4.17 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 20.83 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 20.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased: 3 people, 11.54%
- Pain: 2 people, 7.69%
- Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus): 2 people, 7.69%
- Depression: 2 people, 7.69%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 7.69%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 7.69%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 7.69%
- Acromegaly (body produces too much growth hormone, leading to excess growth of body tissues): 2 people, 7.69%
- Blood Pressure Management: 1 person, 3.85%
- Bladder Spasm: 1 person, 3.85%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Wellbutrin: 6 people, 23.08%
- Pepcid: 6 people, 23.08%
- Ativan: 5 people, 19.23%
- Nexium: 5 people, 19.23%
- Zyprexa: 4 people, 15.38%
- Lexapro: 4 people, 15.38%
- Serzone: 4 people, 15.38%
- Prednisolone: 4 people, 15.38%
- Synthroid: 4 people, 15.38%
- Zyban: 4 people, 15.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Irritability: 8 people, 30.77%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 7 people, 26.92%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 26.92%
- Memory Loss: 7 people, 26.92%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 26.92%
- Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood): 6 people, 23.08%
- Abdominal Pain: 6 people, 23.08%
- Disturbance In Attention: 6 people, 23.08%
- Depression: 6 people, 23.08%
- Dizziness: 6 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Aggression while taking Asacol?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Asacol and have Aggression
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Jacobsson H, Eriksen J, Karlén P, "Mesalazine-induced renal calculi", The American journal of case reports, 2014 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with AggressionAggression (2,015 drugs)
Could your condition cause AggressionAggression (1,725 conditions)
Asacol side effects
- Asacol side effects (12,770 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Asacola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Adefovir Dipivoxil and Water Avens drug interaction - now
- Will you have Facial Swelling with Anafranil? - a second ago
- Will you have Acne with Harpagophytum? - a second ago
- Will you have Arthritis Reactive with Metro I.V.? - a second ago
- Will you have Nose Bleeds with Robinul? - 2 seconds ago
- Zolpidem and Ubidecarenone drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Macular Ischaemia with Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Increased? - 3 seconds ago
- Minocycline Hydrochloride and Topamax drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Function Loss with Temazepam? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Movement with Temazepam? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Diovan, Metformin, Avandia - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Losartan Potassium - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Glipizide, Cozaar, Metformin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Carvedilol - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 44 year old man who takes Xarelto, Lamictal - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Pantoprazole - 9 hours ago
- Prediction of Adderall 20, Adderall Xr 20 for a 33 year old man - 9 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Coq10, Jardiance, Saw Palmetto for a 64 year old man - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Xanax, Inderal, Cymbalta, Seroquel, Buspar, Celexa - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 75 year old woman who takes Synthroid, Estradiol - 11 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.