Asacol and Delirium - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Delirium is found among people who take Asacol, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Asacol and have Delirium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,445 people who have side effects when taking Asacol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,445 people reported to have side effects when taking Asacol.
Among them, 13 people (0.07%) have Delirium.
What is Asacol?
Asacol has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis. eHealthMe is studying from 18,161 Asacol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Delirium?
Delirium (wild excitement) is found to be associated with 2,556 drugs and 2,320 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Asacol and Delirium reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Delirium when taking Asacol *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Delirium when taking Asacol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 7.69 %
- 20-29: 7.69 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 38.46 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 30.77 %
Common drugs people take besides Asacol *:
- Remicade: 5 people, 38.46%
- Prednisone: 4 people, 30.77%
- Bentyl: 3 people, 23.08%
- Citalopram Hydrobromide: 3 people, 23.08%
- Vitamin D2: 3 people, 23.08%
- Acetaminophen: 3 people, 23.08%
- Omeprazole: 3 people, 23.08%
- Methotrexate Sodium: 2 people, 15.38%
- Nexium: 2 people, 15.38%
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Delirium *:
- Memory Loss: 7 people, 53.85%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 5 people, 38.46%
- Fall: 5 people, 38.46%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 5 people, 38.46%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 38.46%
- Infection: 3 people, 23.08%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 3 people, 23.08%
- Fever: 3 people, 23.08%
- Poor Venous Access: 3 people, 23.08%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 23.08%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 3 people, 23.08%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 23.08%
- Indigestion: 3 people, 23.08%
- Immune System Disorder: 3 people, 23.08%
- Depression: 3 people, 23.08%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 15.38%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 15.38%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 7.69%
- Pilonidal Cyst: 1 person, 7.69%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Asacol and have Delirium?Check whether Delirium is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Jacobsson H, Eriksen J, Karlén P, "Mesalazine-induced renal calculi", The American journal of case reports, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Delirium and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of mesalamine:
- Delirium and drugs with ingredients of mesalamine (39 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Asacol:
- Asacol (18,161 reports)
Common Asacol side effects:
Browse all side effects of Asacol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Delirium treatments and more:
- Delirium (37,218 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Delirium:
- Delirium in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Delirium in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Delirium in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Delirium:
All the drugs that are associated with Delirium:
- Delirium (2,556 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Delirium:
All the conditions that are associated with Delirium:
- Delirium (2,320 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mesalamine (the active ingredients of Asacol) and Asacol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Esgic-Plus and Profen drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Calcium and Mental Status Changes - 2 seconds ago
- Promethazine With Codeine and Potassium drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Accident At Work and Dehydration - 20 seconds ago
- Xeloda and Incruse Ellipta drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Lovastatin and Myfortic drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Tinnitus in Theanine, how severe and when it was recovered? - 36 seconds ago
- Docetaxel and Cod Liver Oil drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Colchicine and Leukopenia - 46 seconds ago
- Sjogren Syndrome in Cod Liver Oil, how severe and when it was recovered? - 47 seconds ago