Aspirin and Colon neoplasm - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 590,931 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin. Colon neoplasm is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Revlimid and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aspirin and have Colon neoplasm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
590,931 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 62 people (0.01%) have Colon neoplasm.
What is Aspirin?
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is used in blood clots. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 600,584 Aspirin users.
What is Colon neoplasm?
Colon neoplasm (cancer from uncontrolled cell growth in the colon or rectum) is found to be associated with 506 drugs and 253 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,834 people who have Colon neoplasm.
Number of Aspirin and Colon neoplasm reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Colon neoplasm when taking Aspirin *:
- female: 24.14 %
- male: 75.86 %
Age of people who have Colon neoplasm when taking Aspirin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.92 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.77 %
- 60+: 92.31 %
Common drugs people take besides Aspirin *:
- Clopidogrel: 7 people, 11.29%
- Humira: 7 people, 11.29%
- Revlimid: 7 people, 11.29%
- Lenalidomide: 6 people, 9.68%
- Fish Oil: 5 people, 8.06%
- Omeprazole: 4 people, 6.45%
- Xarelto: 4 people, 6.45%
- Pradaxa: 4 people, 6.45%
- Vitamin D: 4 people, 6.45%
- Lasix: 4 people, 6.45%
Common side effects people have besides Colon neoplasm *:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma (a skin cancer, it rarely metastasizes or kills): 8 people, 12.90%
- Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall): 7 people, 11.29%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 7 people, 11.29%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 6 people, 9.68%
- Subileus: 6 people, 9.68%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 6 people, 9.68%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 9.68%
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: 5 people, 8.06%
- Polyp: 5 people, 8.06%
- Second Primary Malignancy (after getting cure a cancer, a new cancer development): 5 people, 8.06%
Common conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 8 people, 12.90%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 7 people, 11.29%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 11.29%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 8.06%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 3 people, 4.84%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 3 people, 4.84%
- Keratosis Follicular (condition in which there are numerous rough follicular spots, which may be skin coloured, red or brown): 3 people, 4.84%
- Pain: 3 people, 4.84%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 3.23%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 3.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aspirin and have Colon neoplasm?Check whether Colon neoplasm is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
Aspirin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Aspirin side effects (600,584 reports)
Colon neoplasm treatments and more:
- Colon neoplasm (1,834 reports)
Common drugs associated with Colon neoplasm:
- Humira: 148 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Colon neoplasm:
- Colon neoplasm (506 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Colon neoplasm:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 132 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Colon neoplasm:
- Colon neoplasm (253 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aspirin (the active ingredients of Aspirin) and Aspirin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Adcal and General Physical Health Deterioration - 2 seconds ago
- Tradjenta and Bethkis drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Qvar and Dizziness - 12 seconds ago
- Olanzapine and Troponin Increased - 15 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Celexa drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Ceftin and Navane drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Atovaquone and Clarithromycin drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Dulcolax and Tinnitus - 25 seconds ago
- Blopress and Lactobacillus drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Pneumonia Viral - 35 seconds ago