Aspirin and Fever - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 543,530 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin. Fever is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Lipitor and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aspirin and have Fever. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
543,530 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 12,477 people (2.3%) have Fever.
What is Aspirin?
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is used in blood clots. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 600,540 Aspirin users.
What is Fever?
Fever is found to be associated with 4,939 drugs and 6,043 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 472,335 people who have Fever.
Number of Aspirin and Fever reports submitted per year:
Time on Aspirin when people have Fever *:
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Aspirin*:
Age of people who have Fever when taking Aspirin *:
Common drugs people take besides Aspirin *:
Common side effects people have besides Fever *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aspirin and have Fever?Check whether Fever is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schiller D, Maieron A, Sch?fl R, Donnerer J, "Drug fever due to a single dose of pantoprazole", Pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
Aspirin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Aspirin side effects (600,540 reports)
Fever treatments and more:
- Fever (472,335 reports)
Common drugs associated with Fever:
- Prednisone: 26,713 reports
- Methotrexate: 20,661 reports
- Humira: 18,277 reports
- Enbrel: 13,289 reports
- Aspirin: 12,477 reports
- Omeprazole: 11,534 reports
- Tylenol: 11,340 reports
- Prednisolone: 10,764 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,920 reports
- Pantoprazole: 9,677 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (4,939 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fever:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,712 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 17,600 reports
- High blood pressure: 14,574 reports
- Crohn's disease: 10,827 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 10,715 reports
- Pain: 10,593 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (6,043 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aspirin (the active ingredients of Aspirin) and Aspirin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Capecitabine and Tinnitus - 10 seconds ago
- Agrylin and Chest Pain - 13 seconds ago
- Docetaxel and Bone Marrow Disorder - 13 seconds ago
- Doptelet and Fever - 14 seconds ago
- Starlix and Hot Flush - 14 seconds ago
- Alendronic Acid and Throat Irritation - 20 seconds ago
- Baycol and Ill-Defined Disorder - 20 seconds ago
- Tecfidera and Secretion Discharge - 23 seconds ago
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride and Fish Oil drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Terazosin Hydrochloride and Loose Tooth - 32 seconds ago