Aspirin and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 365,415 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
365,415 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 351 people (0.1%) have Hyperthyroidism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aspirin when people have Hyperthyroidism *:
- < 1 month: 68.42 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.53 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Aspirin *:
- female: 54.93 %
- male: 45.07 %
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Aspirin *:
- 0-1: 0.35 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 33 people, 9.40%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 31 people, 8.83%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 25 people, 7.12%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 24 people, 6.84%
- Diabetes: 23 people, 6.55%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 47 people, 13.39%
- Plavix: 43 people, 12.25%
- Lipitor: 42 people, 11.97%
- Synthroid: 39 people, 11.11%
- Omeprazole: 35 people, 9.97%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 59 people, 16.81%
- Diarrhea: 57 people, 16.24%
- Weakness: 55 people, 15.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 54 people, 15.38%
- Weight Decreased: 53 people, 15.10%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism while taking Aspirin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperthyroidism
- Subscribe to monitor Hyperthyroidism in Aspirin
You are not alone:
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Aspirin 372,826 users)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 14,983 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Drugs that are associated with HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (1,382 drugs)
Could your condition cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (960 conditions)
Aspirin side effects
- Aspirin side effects (365,611 reports)
Browse all side effects of Aspirina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- What to expect when you take Humira and have Melasma? - 4 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Kariva drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Agranulocytosis with Clexane? - 13 seconds ago
- Will you have Plaque Buildup - Arteries with Sertraline? - 13 seconds ago
- Will you have Granulopenia with Clexane? - 13 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 37 year old man who takes Lithium Carbonate - 36 minutes ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Adderall - 56 minutes ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Rocephin W/ Dextrose In Plastic Container, Flagyl I.v. Rtu In Plastic Container - an hour ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Nyquil, Wellbutrin - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Diamox, Spironolactone for a 34 year old woman - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.