Aspirin and Palpitations - from FDA reports
Palpitations is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Palpitations with Aspirin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 310,334 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
310,334 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 3,354 people (1.08%) have Palpitations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aspirin when people have Palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 32.98 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 17.02 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.77 %
- 10+ years: 2.13 %
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Aspirin *:
- female: 64.93 %
- male: 35.07 %
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Aspirin *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 0.11 %
- 10-19: 0.57 %
- 20-29: 1.5 %
- 30-39: 2.76 %
- 40-49: 9.39 %
- 50-59: 22.04 %
- 60+: 63.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (306 people, 9.12%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (190 people, 5.66%)
- Osteoporosis (163 people, 4.86%)
- Depression (158 people, 4.71%)
- Stress And Anxiety (147 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (487 people, 14.52%)
- Digoxin (469 people, 13.98%)
- Lasix (413 people, 12.31%)
- Plavix (369 people, 11.00%)
- Lisinopril (361 people, 10.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (1,026 people, 30.59%)
- Dizziness (958 people, 28.56%)
- Chest Pain (898 people, 26.77%)
- Fatigue (756 people, 22.54%)
- Nausea (719 people, 21.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Palpitations when taking Aspirin?
- Check symptoms - is palpitations caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPalpitations and drugs with ingredients of aspirin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePalpitations and Aspirin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Aspirin 317,737 users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 81,269 Palpitations patients).
Browse all side effects of Aspirina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PalpitationsPalpitations
Could your condition cause PalpitationsPalpitations
What would happen?
Questions to the study
15 year old girl with high functioning ASD, ADD/EFD, and Anxiety. Recently moved. She has totally destabilized. Prior to moving she was honor roll student, now failing. Cannot concentrate, says head feels weird like a headache but not ... just really heavy. Neuro just before we left ...
I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...
I have been taking Propanol for a week and I feel terrible. I am getting bad palpitation's and breathlessness. Im tired all the time and very panicky. Is this normal or should I stop taking them as I feel my life is not my own anymore and I cant stand this feeling anymore. I tried to contact my ...