Aspirin and Xanthogranuloma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Xanthogranuloma is reported only by a few people who take Aspirin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aspirin and have Xanthogranuloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 543,530 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
543,530 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 3 people (0.0%) have Xanthogranuloma.
What is Aspirin?
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. eHealthMe is studying from 552,962 Aspirin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Xanthogranuloma?
Xanthogranuloma (self-limiting tumour with self healing) is found to be associated with 130 drugs and 86 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aspirin and Xanthogranuloma reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Xanthogranuloma when taking Aspirin *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Xanthogranuloma when taking Aspirin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 66.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Aspirin *:
- Actemra: 2 people, 66.67%
- Actonel: 2 people, 66.67%
- Cellcept: 2 people, 66.67%
- Sulfatrim: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ranitidine: 2 people, 66.67%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 66.67%
- Flomax: 1 person, 33.33%
- Betaseron: 1 person, 33.33%
- Codeine: 1 person, 33.33%
- Codeine Sulfate: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Xanthogranuloma *:
- Granuloma (a small area of inflammation due to tissue injury): 2 people, 66.67%
- Urination - Excessive At Night: 1 person, 33.33%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 33.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 33.33%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 1 person, 33.33%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 1 person, 33.33%
- Injection Site Erythema (redness at injection site): 1 person, 33.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease: 2 people, 66.67%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 33.33%
- Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 1 person, 33.33%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 33.33%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 33.33%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aspirin and have Xanthogranuloma?Check whether Xanthogranuloma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
How severe was Xanthogranuloma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of aspirin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aspirin:
- Aspirin (552,962 reports)
Common Aspirin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 37,295 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 30,192 reports
- Diarrhea: 28,546 reports
- Weakness: 26,881 reports
- Dizziness: 26,541 reports
- Drug ineffective: 22,961 reports
- Pain: 22,318 reports
Browse all side effects of Aspirin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Xanthogranuloma treatments and more:
- Xanthogranuloma (172 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Xanthogranuloma:
- Xanthogranuloma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Xanthogranuloma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Xanthogranuloma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Xanthogranuloma:
- Xanthogranuloma (130 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Xanthogranuloma:
- Xanthogranuloma (86 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aspirin (the active ingredients of Aspirin) and Aspirin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Propranolol Hydrochloride and Ambien drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Withdrawal Syndrome - 11 seconds ago
- Rituxan and Guaifenesin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Sumatriptan Succinate and Horizant drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Ritalin and Tranexamic Acid drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Veltassa and Inrebic drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Proleukin and Hepatic Rupture - 30 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Atherosclerosis - 34 seconds ago
- Kineret and Tinnitus - 35 seconds ago
- Bacitracin Zinc And Polymyxin B Sulfate and Ligament Sprain - 38 seconds ago