Aspirin and Xanthopsia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Xanthopsia is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aspirin and have Xanthopsia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 543,530 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
543,530 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 17 people (0.0%) have Xanthopsia.
What is Aspirin?
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. eHealthMe is studying from 552,962 Aspirin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Xanthopsia?
Xanthopsia (yellow vision) is found to be associated with 463 drugs and 325 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aspirin and Xanthopsia reports submitted per year:
Time on Aspirin when people have Xanthopsia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Xanthopsia when taking Aspirin *:
- female: 56.25 %
- male: 43.75 %
Age of people who have Xanthopsia when taking Aspirin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 6.67 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 80.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Aspirin *:
- Folic Acid: 4 people, 23.53%
- Digoxin: 4 people, 23.53%
- Coreg: 3 people, 17.65%
- Lasix: 3 people, 17.65%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 17.65%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 17.65%
- Cardizem: 2 people, 11.76%
- Coumadin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Calcium: 2 people, 11.76%
- Flomax: 2 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Xanthopsia *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 35.29%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4 people, 23.53%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 23.53%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 23.53%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 23.53%
- Cough: 4 people, 23.53%
- Tricuspid Valve Incompetence (inefficient heart valve): 3 people, 17.65%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 3 people, 17.65%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 3 people, 17.65%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 17.65%
Common conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 11.76%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 11.76%
- Vasospasm (sudden constriction of a blood vessel, reducing its diameter and flow rate): 1 person, 5.88%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 1 person, 5.88%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 5.88%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 5.88%
- Bladder Cancer: 1 person, 5.88%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 5.88%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 1 person, 5.88%
- Congestive Cardiomyopathy (weakening of heart muscle): 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aspirin and have Xanthopsia?Check whether Xanthopsia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
How severe was Xanthopsia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of aspirin:
- Xanthopsia and drugs with ingredients of aspirin (15 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aspirin:
- Aspirin (552,962 reports)
Common Aspirin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 37,295 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 30,192 reports
- Diarrhea: 28,546 reports
- Weakness: 26,881 reports
- Dizziness: 26,541 reports
- Drug ineffective: 22,961 reports
- Pain: 22,318 reports
Browse all side effects of Aspirin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Xanthopsia treatments and more:
- Xanthopsia (379 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Xanthopsia:
- Xanthopsia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Xanthopsia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Xanthopsia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Xanthopsia:
- Xanthopsia (463 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Xanthopsia:
- Xanthopsia (325 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aspirin (the active ingredients of Aspirin) and Aspirin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Wellbutrin and Subarachnoid Haemorrhage - 2 seconds ago
- Lipitor vs. Kombiglyze Xr - 3 seconds ago
- Fetzima and Ventricular Extrasystoles - 22 seconds ago
- Valerian and Azathioprine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Myrbetriq and Eletriptan Hydrobromide drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Oxycodone Hydrochloride and Propranolol Hydrochloride drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Concerta and Respiratory Disorder - 38 seconds ago
- Mekinist and Serum Ferritin Increased - 46 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Lymphoedema - 49 seconds ago
- Nitrofurantoin and Tysabri drug interaction - 53 seconds ago