Astelin and Gingivitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gingivitis is found among people who take Astelin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Astelin and have Gingivitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,086 people who have side effects when taking Astelin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,086 people reported to have side effects when taking Astelin.
Among them, 6 people (0.12%) have Gingivitis.
What is Astelin?
Astelin has active ingredients of azelastine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 5,294 Astelin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis (inflammation of gums) is found to be associated with 1,440 drugs and 763 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Astelin and Gingivitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gingivitis when taking Astelin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Gingivitis when taking Astelin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Astelin *:
- Fosamax: 6 people, 100.00%
- Vivelle-Dot: 6 people, 100.00%
- Prometrium: 6 people, 100.00%
- Diflucan: 6 people, 100.00%
- Nasonex: 6 people, 100.00%
- Celebrex: 6 people, 100.00%
- Klonopin: 6 people, 100.00%
- Lorabid: 5 people, 83.33%
- Lyrica: 5 people, 83.33%
- Baycol: 5 people, 83.33%
Common side effects people have besides Gingivitis *:
- Toothaches (tooth pain): 6 people, 100.00%
- Pain In Jaw: 6 people, 100.00%
- Neuritis (inflammation of nerve): 5 people, 83.33%
- Sinusitis Fungal (fungal infection of sinus): 5 people, 83.33%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 5 people, 83.33%
- Palatal Disorder: 5 people, 83.33%
- Oral Pain: 5 people, 83.33%
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (pain at the temporomandibular joint due to various causes of increased muscle tension and spasm. it is believed that syndrome is a physical manifestation of psychological stress): 4 people, 66.67%
- Malocclusion (a misalignment): 4 people, 66.67%
- Joint Crepitation: 4 people, 66.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 16.67%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Astelin and have Gingivitis?Check whether Gingivitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Guru SR, Suresh A, Padmanabhan S, Reddy A, "A Rare Case of Digoxin Associated Gingival Overgrowth", Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR, 2017 Jan .
How severe was Gingivitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of azelastine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Astelin:
- Astelin (5,294 reports)
Common Astelin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Astelin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gingivitis treatments and more:
- Gingivitis (8,577 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gingivitis:
- Gingivitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gingivitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gingivitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gingivitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Gingivitis:
- Gingivitis (1,440 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gingivitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Gingivitis:
- Gingivitis (763 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on azelastine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Astelin) and Astelin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Xylocaine W/ Epinephrine and Atarax drug interaction - a second ago
- Liver Transplant and Dementia - 7 seconds ago
- Plan B and Dizziness - 7 seconds ago
- Phenergan and Ventricular Hypokinesia - 10 seconds ago
- Periogard and Joint Swelling - 10 seconds ago
- Colcrys and Ferriprox drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Unisom vs. Serax - 22 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Pancreatitis - 28 seconds ago
- Ganirelix Acetate Injection and Dizziness - 37 seconds ago
- Cephalexin and Tumor Lysis Syndrome - 43 seconds ago