Atacand and Tracheobronchitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tracheobronchitis is reported only by a few people who take Atacand.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atacand and have Tracheobronchitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,066 people who have side effects while taking Atacand from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21,066 people reported to have side effects when taking Atacand.
Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Tracheobronchitis.
What is Atacand?
Atacand has active ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 21,793 Atacand users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tracheobronchitis?
Tracheobronchitis (an inflammation or infection, which affects the trachea and bronchi of respiratory tract) is found to be associated with 640 drugs and 292 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Atacand and Tracheobronchitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Tracheobronchitis when taking Atacand *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Tracheobronchitis when taking Atacand *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 66.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Atacand *:
- Zyprexa: 1 person, 25.00%
- Zithromax: 1 person, 25.00%
- Allopurinol: 1 person, 25.00%
- Biaxin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Budesonide: 1 person, 25.00%
- Bupropion Hydrochloride: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cyanocobalamin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Darvocet-N 100: 1 person, 25.00%
- Flovent: 1 person, 25.00%
- Foradil: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Tracheobronchitis *:
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 2 people, 50.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 2 people, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 50.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 50.00%
- Hepatic Fibrosis (scarring process that represents the liver's response to injury): 1 person, 25.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 25.00%
- Gamma-Glutamyltransferase Increased: 1 person, 25.00%
- Gastrointestinal Necrosis (destruction of gastrointestinal organ): 1 person, 25.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 25.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 25.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atacand and have Tracheobronchitis?Check whether Tracheobronchitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tracheobronchitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of candesartan cilexetil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Atacand:
- Atacand (21,793 reports)
Common Atacand side effects:
- High blood pressure: 2,295 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,344 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,309 reports
- Dizziness: 1,230 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,196 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,189 reports
- Weakness: 1,169 reports
Browse all side effects of Atacand:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tracheobronchitis treatments and more:
- Tracheobronchitis (1,194 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tracheobronchitis:
- Tracheobronchitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tracheobronchitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tracheobronchitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Tracheobronchitis:
- Tracheobronchitis (640 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Tracheobronchitis:
- Tracheobronchitis (292 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on candesartan cilexetil (the active ingredients of Atacand) and Atacand (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Promethazine and Levofloxacin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Tylenol drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Biotin and Aldactone drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Xyzal and Qinlock drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Ativan and Ventricular Tachycardia - 24 seconds ago
- Colchicine and Doxycycline drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Pregabalin and Nicotine Polacrilex drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Prilosec and Hyperparathyroidism Secondary - 32 seconds ago
- Orencia and Amoxicillin drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Adderall and Celiac Disease - Sprue - 41 seconds ago