Atacand and Weakness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Weakness is found among people who take Atacand, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atacand and have Weakness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,066 people who have side effects when taking Atacand from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21,066 people reported to have side effects when taking Atacand.
Among them, 1,167 people (5.54%) have Weakness.
What is Atacand?
Atacand has active ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 21,794 Atacand users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Weakness?
Weakness is found to be associated with 5,239 drugs and 6,223 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Atacand and Weakness reports submitted per year:
Time on Atacand when people have Weakness *:
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Atacand*:
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Atacand *:
Common drugs people take besides Atacand *:
Common side effects people have besides Weakness *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atacand and have Weakness?Check whether Weakness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Weakness and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of candesartan cilexetil:
- Weakness and drugs with ingredients of candesartan cilexetil (1,635 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Atacand:
- Atacand (21,794 reports)
Common Atacand side effects:
- High blood pressure: 2,295 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,344 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,318 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,309 reports
- Dizziness: 1,247 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,196 reports
- Weakness: 1,169 reports
Browse all side effects of Atacand:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Weakness treatments and more:
- Weakness (513,318 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Weakness:
- Weakness in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Weakness in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Weakness in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Weakness:
- Prednisone: 26,970 reports
- Aspirin: 26,881 reports
- Humira: 16,920 reports
- Methotrexate: 16,130 reports
- Metformin: 15,821 reports
- Omeprazole: 15,424 reports
- Tysabri: 14,800 reports
- Lisinopril: 14,469 reports
- Lipitor: 14,239 reports
- Synthroid: 13,523 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Weakness:
- Weakness (5,239 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Weakness:
- Multiple sclerosis: 44,040 reports
- High blood pressure: 24,528 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 22,785 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 17,735 reports
- Pain: 15,184 reports
- Osteoporosis: 13,578 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Weakness:
- Weakness (6,223 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on candesartan cilexetil (the active ingredients of Atacand) and Atacand (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levoxyl and Dyrenium drug interaction - now
- Xgeva and Nosebleed - 12 seconds ago
- Sulindac and Peripheral Ischaemia - 39 seconds ago
- Yasmin and Platelet Count Increased - 43 seconds ago
- Febuxostat and Baraclude drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Taxotere and Asthma - 46 seconds ago
- Fabrazyme and Muscle Tightness - 46 seconds ago
- Polysporin and Tylenol drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Alvesco and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - a minute ago
- Docetaxel and Trigeminal Nerve Disorder - a minute ago