Atazanavir sulfate and Myositis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Myositis is found among people who take Atazanavir sulfate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atazanavir sulfate and have Myositis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,188 people who have side effects when taking Atazanavir sulfate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,188 people reported to have side effects when taking Atazanavir sulfate.
Among them, 7 people (0.17%) have Myositis.
What is Atazanavir sulfate?
Atazanavir sulfate has active ingredients of atazanavir sulfate. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 4,212 Atazanavir sulfate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Myositis?
Myositis (inflammation of the muscles) is found to be associated with 1,767 drugs and 1,083 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Atazanavir sulfate and Myositis reports submitted per year:
Time on Atazanavir sulfate when people have Myositis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Myositis when taking Atazanavir sulfate *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Myositis when taking Atazanavir sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Atazanavir sulfate *:
- Atovaquone: 6 people, 85.71%
- Neurontin: 6 people, 85.71%
- Clonazepam: 6 people, 85.71%
- Zithromax: 6 people, 85.71%
- Videx Ec: 6 people, 85.71%
- Zocor: 5 people, 71.43%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 4 people, 57.14%
- Diflucan: 4 people, 57.14%
- Miacalcin: 4 people, 57.14%
- Loperamide Hydrochloride: 2 people, 28.57%
Common side effects people have besides Myositis *:
- Haemoglobin Increased: 3 people, 42.86%
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 3 people, 42.86%
- Blood Urea Increased: 3 people, 42.86%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 3 people, 42.86%
- Haematocrit Increased: 3 people, 42.86%
- Protein Urine Present: 2 people, 28.57%
- Blood Pressure Systolic Increased: 2 people, 28.57%
- Blood Urine Present: 2 people, 28.57%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 2 people, 28.57%
- Body Temperature Decreased: 2 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atazanavir sulfate and have Myositis?Check whether Myositis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
How severe was Myositis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of atazanavir sulfate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Atazanavir sulfate:
- Atazanavir sulfate (4,212 reports)
Common Atazanavir sulfate side effects:
- Depression: 983 reports
Browse all side effects of Atazanavir sulfate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Myositis treatments and more:
- Myositis (11,585 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Myositis:
- Myositis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Myositis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Myositis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Myositis:
- Simvastatin: 708 reports
- Prednisone: 648 reports
- Zocor: 608 reports
- Lipitor: 557 reports
- Aspirin: 545 reports
- Prednisolone: 386 reports
- Furosemide: 384 reports
- Methotrexate: 375 reports
- Opdivo: 360 reports
- Amlodipine: 325 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Myositis:
- Myositis (1,767 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Myositis:
- High blood cholesterol: 649 reports
- High blood pressure: 423 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 328 reports
- Pain: 271 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Myositis:
- Myositis (1,083 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atazanavir sulfate (the active ingredients of Atazanavir sulfate) and Atazanavir sulfate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Back Pain and drugs of ingredients of triazolam - 14 seconds ago
- Insulin and Abasia - 15 seconds ago
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride and Keppra drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Atrovent and Tumor Lysis Syndrome - 37 seconds ago
- Fosamax and Probiotic drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- How effective is Suboxone for Back Pain - Low? - 45 seconds ago
- Temaz and Bradykinesia - 50 seconds ago
- Adderall and Viibryd drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Ibu and Renal Vein Thrombosis - 59 seconds ago
- Potassium Chloride 10Meq and Levothyroxine Sodium drug interaction - a minute ago