Atenolol and Cough - from FDA reports
Cough is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Cough with Atenolol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 116,118 people who have side effects when taking Atenolol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
116,118 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol.
Among them, 2,469 people (2.13%) have Cough
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Atenolol when people have Cough *:
- < 1 month: 17.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.71 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10.71 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.57 %
- 10+ years: 26.79 %
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Atenolol *:
- female: 63.24 %
- male: 36.76 %
Age of people who have Cough when taking Atenolol *:
- 0-1: 0.15 %
- 2-9: 0.54 %
- 10-19: 0.2 %
- 20-29: 0.69 %
- 30-39: 3.3 %
- 40-49: 6.06 %
- 50-59: 21.13 %
- 60+: 67.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (227 people, 9.19%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (188 people, 7.61%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (119 people, 4.82%)
- Pain (111 people, 4.50%)
- Depression (103 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (333 people, 13.49%)
- Lisinopril (254 people, 10.29%)
- Lipitor (240 people, 9.72%)
- Simvastatin (216 people, 8.75%)
- Norvasc (207 people, 8.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (551 people, 22.32%)
- Fatigue (492 people, 19.93%)
- Nausea (398 people, 16.12%)
- Chest Pain (374 people, 15.15%)
- Fever (349 people, 14.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Cough when taking Atenolol?
- Check symptoms - is cough caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCough and drugs with ingredients of atenolol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCough and Atenolol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Atenolol 121,309 users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis (latest reports from 149,337 Cough patients).
Browse all side effects of Atenolola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CoughCough
Could your condition cause CoughCough
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take numerous vitamins along with a multi vitamin 2x daily. I have been taking vitamins for as long as I can remember and just recently developed a dry cough and metallic taste when I cough. I don't have any normal symptoms i.e.. High blood pressure, cold, flu, etc ... I am 64 and this ...
Been on benicar/hct for 10years, I am female, 61 years old. Developed a cough. Basically coughing 24/7. Out of control. And yes I pee my self. I have had it for a year. I have been off benicar for 2 weeks, Dr said it should be out of my System @3 weeks. How long did it take for the cough to go ...
I've been on atenolol (half)50grams and half asprin for the past 6 months for an abnormal heart beat and enlarged heart. I've just been introduced to moringa juice but due to my medication I'm reluctant to drink moringa. Please tell me if its ok.