Ativan and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Ativan.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ativan and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 65,168 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
65,168 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan.
Among them, 3 people (0.0%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Ativan?
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 69,137 Ativan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ativan and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Ativan *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Ativan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Ativan *:
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 33.33%
- Zometa: 1 person, 33.33%
- Compazine: 1 person, 33.33%
- Coumadin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Dexamethasone: 1 person, 33.33%
- Effexor: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 33.33%
- Haldol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Heparin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Klonopin: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 66.67%
- Aseptic Necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 2 people, 66.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 66.67%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 66.67%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 2 people, 66.67%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 66.67%
- Anaemia Of Chronic Disease: 1 person, 33.33%
- Death: 1 person, 33.33%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 1 person, 33.33%
- Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 66.67%
- Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 33.33%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ativan and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ativan:
- Ativan (69,137 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lorazepam:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lorazepam (the active ingredients of Ativan) and Ativan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gastroenteritis Viral and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 5 seconds ago
- Claritin-D and Enbrel drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Arixtra and Appetite - Decreased - 14 seconds ago
- Arixtra and Appetite Decreased - 14 seconds ago
- Somatuline Depot and Asa drug interaction - 26 seconds ago