Will you have Extravasation with Ativan - from FDA reports
Extravasation is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Ill-defined disorder. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,004 people who have side effects when taking Ativan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on lorazepam (the active ingredients of Ativan) and Ativan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Extravasation are also considered in the study.
What is Ativan?
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 56,607 users)
What is Extravasation?
Extravasation (leakage of a fluid) has been reported by people with breast cancer, atrial fibrillation/flutter, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, colon cancer, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 2,936 Extravasation patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
53,004 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan.
Among them, 14 people (0.03%) have Extravasation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ativan when people have Extravasation *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Extravasation when taking Ativan *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Extravasation when taking Ativan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 80 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 14.29%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 2 people, 14.29%
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 7.14%
- Porphyria Acute (acute defect of blood pigment metabolism in which porphyrins are produced in excess, are present in the blood, and are found in the urine): 1 person, 7.14%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 7.14%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 1 person, 7.14%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 7.14%
- Mineral Supplementation: 1 person, 7.14%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 1 person, 7.14%
- Metastases To Peritoneum (cancer spreads to peritoneum): 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benadryl: 5 people, 35.71%
- Decadron: 4 people, 28.57%
- Coumadin: 4 people, 28.57%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 3 people, 21.43%
- Nexium: 3 people, 21.43%
- Morphine: 3 people, 21.43%
- Compazine: 3 people, 21.43%
- Zofran: 3 people, 21.43%
- Taxol: 3 people, 21.43%
- Carboplatin: 2 people, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Injection Site Pain: 2 people, 14.29%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 14.29%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 14.29%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 14.29%
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 7.14%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 7.14%
- Hyporeflexia (condition of below normal or absent reflexes): 1 person, 7.14%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 7.14%
- Hepatic Cyst: 1 person, 7.14%
- Hand Amputation: 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Extravasation while taking Ativan?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Extravasation
- Subscribe to monitor Extravasation in Ativan
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Ativan and have Extravasation
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with ExtravasationExtravasation (563 drugs)
Could your condition cause ExtravasationExtravasation (375 conditions)
Ativan side effects
- Ativan side effects (53,045 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Ativana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma with Codimal-L.A. 12? - now
- Will you have Nail Care For Newborns with M-Zole 3 Combination Pack? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Haematochezia with Gemcitabine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Staphylococcal Abscess with Olmesartan Medoxomil? - 3 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Abuta drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Vomiting with Duac? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Upset Stomach with Duac? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomach Upset with Duac? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Lymphoma with Fluocinolone Acetonide? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Emesis with Duac? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Albuterol Sulfate, Advair Hfa, Biotin, Amoxil for a 18 year old girl - 7 minutes ago
- Prediction of Albuterol, Advair Hfa, Biotin, Amoxil for a 18 year old girl - 13 minutes ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Plavix, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Klonopin, Lamictal - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Wellbutrin, Effexor Xr - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Klonopin, Lamictal - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Lamictal - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Gabapentin, Celexa for a 34 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Xeljanz - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Lyrica - 4 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.