Ativan and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Ativan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,976 people who have side effects when taking Ativan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
46,976 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan.
Among them, 1,199 people (2.55%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ativan when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 43.75 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 12.5 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Ativan *:
- female: 71.45 %
- male: 28.55 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Ativan *:
- 0-1: 0.51 %
- 2-9: 0.31 %
- 10-19: 0.51 %
- 20-29: 3.48 %
- 30-39: 7.98 %
- 40-49: 20.16 %
- 50-59: 33.27 %
- 60+: 33.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 188 people, 15.68%
- Depression: 145 people, 12.09%
- Pain: 129 people, 10.76%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 98 people, 8.17%
- High Blood Pressure: 82 people, 6.84%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 518 people, 43.20%
- Aredia: 395 people, 32.94%
- Neurontin: 296 people, 24.69%
- Protonix: 265 people, 22.10%
- Ambien: 243 people, 20.27%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 563 people, 46.96%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 435 people, 36.28%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 419 people, 34.95%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 414 people, 34.53%
- Back Pain: 412 people, 34.36%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
You could also:
- Personalize and monitor this study
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 50,579 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,291 Gerd patients).
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd (2,190 drugs)
Could your condition cause GerdGerd (2,121 conditions)
Ativan side effects
- Ativan side effects (47,017 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ativana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ativan and have Gerd
- Support group for people who have Gerd
- Support group for people who take Ativan
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, I'm 41and newly diagnosed with lupus, I was hopitalized with sepsis shock and that's when they found out about the lupus. It's totally changed my life. it's been very hard ajusting, but I thank God I'm still here. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had the same experience with...
- I am 37 uears old and have been on gabapentin for over 6 years. I noticed hair loss being the first thing. Then i wemt to the doctor's due to not feeling well found out I have an autoimmune disease (still testing) along with a heart murmur I never had till just recently.
- Hi, Jane here., I have accid reflux with slurred speech. I lost my timing first and developed slurred speech. On an 18 month waiting list to see a neurologist. I had a.c.d.f. Spinal surgery 2years Ago anyone similar? I am a senior female.
- ViCTOZA and Nexium effects. I have been nexium for years without any problems, and I just started taking ViCTOZA a week and a half ago. The first week at .06 measurements I seemed fine but when I increased it to 1.2 amount,I immediately started getting really bad heartburn. Has anyone else...
- Sue from Christchurch nz have a slight pressure from time to time behind my voice box and trouble going to sleep
- Will you have Bipolar 1 with Klonopin?
- Will you have Infection - Hair Follicle with Propacet 100?
- Will you have Salmonella Enterocolitis with Propulsid?
- Will you have Nasal Allergies with Advil Liqui-Gels?
- Nasonex and Seroquel drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Klonopin and have Bipolar 1?
- Support group for people who take Propacet 100 and have Infection - Hair Follicle?
- Support group for people who take Propulsid and have Salmonella Enterocolitis?
- Support group for people who take Advil Liqui-Gels and have Nasal Allergies?
- Support group for people who take Nasonex and Seroquel
- Hi. I am a kidney doc with patients who sound like you. I have had some success in getting one...
- Hi, I’m newly diagnosed as well. I ended up getting pericarditis and have been talking mitigate and...
- Hello is there anyone out there that take these two medications?
- Hi, Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
- Hi, Judith here! Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.