Atorvastatin calcium and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Atorvastatin Calcium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atorvastatin calcium and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,207 people who have side effects while taking Atorvastatin calcium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
52,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Atorvastatin calcium.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Atorvastatin calcium?
Atorvastatin calcium has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 55,139 Atorvastatin calcium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Atorvastatin calcium and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Time on Atorvastatin calcium when people have Dupuytren's contracture *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Atorvastatin calcium *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Atorvastatin calcium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Atorvastatin calcium *:
- Lipitor: 2 people, 66.67%
- Atenolol: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Trigger Finger: 2 people, 66.67%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 66.67%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 66.67%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 66.67%
- Muscle Injury: 2 people, 66.67%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 2 people, 66.67%
- Confusional State: 2 people, 66.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 66.67%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atorvastatin calcium and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
- Goldie MP, "Atorvastatin: a new treatment for periodontal disease?", , 2012 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Atorvastatin calcium:
- Atorvastatin calcium (55,139 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of atorvastatin calcium:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Atorvastatin calcium) and Atorvastatin calcium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zaditor and Drug Ineffective - 11 seconds ago
- Blood Immunoglobulin G Abnormal and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 20 seconds ago
- Contrave and Trismus - 20 seconds ago
- Ulcerative Colitis and Respiratory Gas Exchange Disorder - 21 seconds ago
- Cerdelga and Drug Ineffective - 23 seconds ago