Atorvastatin calcium and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Atorvastatin calcium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atorvastatin calcium and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 59,388 people who have side effects when taking Atorvastatin calcium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
59,388 people reported to have side effects when taking Atorvastatin calcium.
Among them, 174 people (0.29%) have Psoriasis.
What is Atorvastatin calcium?
Atorvastatin calcium has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 62,961 Atorvastatin calcium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,272 drugs and 1,581 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Atorvastatin calcium and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Atorvastatin calcium when people have Psoriasis *:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Atorvastatin calcium*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Atorvastatin calcium *:
Common drugs people take besides Atorvastatin calcium *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atorvastatin calcium and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
- Goldie MP, "Atorvastatin: a new treatment for periodontal disease?", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of atorvastatin calcium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Atorvastatin calcium:
- Atorvastatin calcium (62,961 reports)
Common Atorvastatin calcium side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 3,616 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,461 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,019 reports
- Weakness: 2,870 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,430 reports
- Dizziness: 2,260 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 2,256 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,129 reports
- Joint pain: 1,944 reports
Browse all side effects of Atorvastatin calcium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,216 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
- Enbrel: 26,257 reports
- Humira: 23,088 reports
- Cosentyx: 21,919 reports
- Otezla: 19,845 reports
- Methotrexate: 10,887 reports
- Stelara: 6,001 reports
- Prednisone: 4,329 reports
- Remicade: 3,500 reports
- Metformin: 2,821 reports
- Aspirin: 2,803 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,272 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 6,377 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,552 reports
- Crohn's disease: 3,134 reports
- Pain: 1,905 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,581 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Atorvastatin calcium) and Atorvastatin calcium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Praluent and Breathing Difficulty - 12 seconds ago
- Lactobacillus Bulgaricus and Plavix drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Prozac and Varenicline Tartrate drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine and Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Viral - 44 seconds ago
- Estropipate and Qvar drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Depo-Provera and Bleeding Into The Skin - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole and Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding - a minute ago
- Meloxicam and Aortic Arteriosclerosis - a minute ago
- Amlodipine and Tamiflu drug interaction - a minute ago
- Methylprednisolone and Pain In Jaw - a minute ago