Atripla and Heartburn - from FDA reports
Heartburn is found among people who take Atripla, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amlodipine, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn with Atripla. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,295 people who have side effects when taking Atripla from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 26, 2017
4,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Atripla.
Among them, 17 people (0.4%) have Heartburn
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Atripla when people have Heartburn *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn when taking Atripla *:
- female: 23.53 %
- male: 76.47 %
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Atripla *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (3 people, 17.65%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (1 person, 5.88%)
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (1 person, 5.88%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 person, 5.88%)
- Chest Pain (1 person, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xifaxan (3 people, 17.65%)
- Uptravi (3 people, 17.65%)
- Remodulin (3 people, 17.65%)
- Magnesium (3 people, 17.65%)
- Amlodipine (3 people, 17.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (5 people, 29.41%)
- Nausea (4 people, 23.53%)
- Infusion Site Pain (3 people, 17.65%)
- Indigestion (3 people, 17.65%)
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (2 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heartburn when taking Atripla?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn and drugs with ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn and Atripla from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atripla has active ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Atripla 4,842 users)
Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,273 Heartburn patients).
Browse all side effects of Atriplaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeartburnHeartburn
Could your condition cause HeartburnHeartburn
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi myself sunil from india. I am suffering from elevated serum bilirubin (2.7 to 3 mg dl) my doctor said me you have Gilbert syndrome but i have acid reflux and sinus problem as well. Will somebody throws light on relationship between these three problem and how can i deal with
I never had a problem digesting anything at all. That is, until I took one flori acid pill,and one vitamin d pill. Now I can't enjoy so much as a cup of coffee. This air bubble in my throat is there day and night. I want my life back. I bought activated charcoal, ginger tea, Tums, Beano. Still ...
I have recently started taking sulfasalizine for RA. I also take Methotrexate and Plaquinil and Nexium. Since starting the sulfa drug I have extreme acid reflux. Nothing I try to take to relieve it is helping. Is this common with sulfasalizine and will it get better after I have been on it for ...