Atropine and Confusional state - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 8,081 people who have side effects when taking Atropine. Confusional state is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Lovenox and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atropine and have Confusional state. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,081 people reported to have side effects when taking Atropine.
Among them, 186 people (2.3%) have Confusional state.
What is Atropine?
Atropine has active ingredients of atropine. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 8,124 Atropine users.
What is Confusional state?
Confusional state is found to be associated with 3,346 drugs and 3,277 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 173,797 people who have Confusional state.
Number of Atropine and Confusional state reports submitted per year:
Time on Atropine when people have Confusional state *:
Gender of people who have Confusional state when taking Atropine*:
Age of people who have Confusional state when taking Atropine *:
Common drugs people take besides Atropine *:
Common side effects people have besides Confusional state *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atropine and have Confusional state?Check whether Confusional state is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Atropine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Atropine side effects (8,124 reports)
Confusional state treatments and more:
- Confusional state (173,797 reports)
Common drugs associated with Confusional state:
- Aspirin: 8,665 reports
- Prednisone: 8,051 reports
- Omeprazole: 6,224 reports
- Metformin: 5,869 reports
- Lyrica: 5,684 reports
- Gabapentin: 5,591 reports
- Furosemide: 5,477 reports
- Oxycodone: 5,132 reports
- Cymbalta: 5,096 reports
- Amlodipine: 5,072 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Confusional state:
- Confusional state (3,346 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Confusional state:
- Depression: 9,369 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 9,192 reports
- Pain: 8,527 reports
- High blood pressure: 8,095 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,986 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 4,850 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Confusional state:
- Confusional state (3,277 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atropine (the active ingredients of Atropine) and Atropine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Permethrin and Vomiting Aggravated - 26 seconds ago
- Onglyza and Victrelis drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Vitamin B6 and Naltrexone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Zometa and Gliclazide drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Zafirlukast and Armour Thyroid drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Zithromax and Nasonex drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Taztia Xt drug interaction - a minute ago
- Silybum and Vitamin B6 drug interaction - a minute ago
- Arsenic Trioxide and Mitoxantrone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ziprasidone Hydrochloride and Famotidine drug interaction - a minute ago