Atrovent and Cushing's syndrome - from FDA reports
Cushing's syndrome is found among people who take Atrovent, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Bactrim, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Cushing's syndrome with Atrovent. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,559 people who have side effects when taking Atrovent from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
18,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Atrovent.
Among them, 16 people (0.09%) have Cushing's syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cushing's syndrome when taking Atrovent *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Cushing's syndrome when taking Atrovent *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40.0 %
- 50-59: 46.67 %
- 60+: 13.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (7 people, 43.75%)
- Growth Hormone Deficiency (5 people, 31.25%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 12.50%)
- Muscle Spasms (1 person, 6.25%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Reyataz (7 people, 43.75%)
- Bricanyl (7 people, 43.75%)
- Bactrim (7 people, 43.75%)
- Ventolin (6 people, 37.50%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 37.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Adrenal Insufficiency (6 people, 37.50%)
- Rectal Tenesmus (5 people, 31.25%)
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorder (5 people, 31.25%)
- Ascites (5 people, 31.25%)
- Arthritis (5 people, 31.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cushing's syndrome when taking Atrovent?
- Check symptoms - is cushing's syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCushing's syndrome and drugs with ingredients of ipratropium bromide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCushing's syndrome and Atrovent from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atrovent has active ingredients of ipratropium bromide. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Atrovent 18,716 users)
Cushing's syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat) has been reported by people with hiv infection, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, psoriasis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,932 Cushing's syndrome patients).
Browse all side effects of Atroventa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Cushing's syndromeCushing's syndrome
Could your condition cause Cushing's syndromeCushing's syndrome
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Is anyone's Cushing's the result of Steroids used to treat their M.S., or does everyone have some type of tumor? I'm in the beginning stage of diagnosis. Abnormal midnight saliva & still waiting on ACTH results. The waiting is the worst part of all... Thxs
User reviews to the study
Hi, My name is Janet and about 1 month ago I had one breathing treatment with Abutarol and Atrovent. Since then I have had some ongoing constipation and abdominal swelling. Is this a continuing thing or will it go away? This is very concerning. I am hoping to get some insite from this group.. ...
I have been on topamax for 5 years. I recently started rapidly gaining weight, almost like I am pregnant1-2lbs a week. I feel like I can't control what is happening to me. Please help! I am up 30lbs in 1 year.