Atrovent and Floppy - from FDA reports
Floppy is found among people who take Atrovent, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Floppy with Atrovent. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,559 people who have side effects when taking Atrovent from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
18,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Atrovent.
Among them, 23 people (0.12%) have Floppy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Atrovent when people have Floppy *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Floppy when taking Atrovent *:
- female: 60.87 %
- male: 39.13 %
Age of people who have Floppy when taking Atrovent *:
- 0-1: 10 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5 %
- 50-59: 35 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 17.39%)
- Cardiac Disorder (3 people, 13.04%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (2 people, 8.70%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 8.70%)
- Knee Joint Replacement (1 person, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (8 people, 34.78%)
- Albuterol (8 people, 34.78%)
- Lasix (5 people, 21.74%)
- Zantac (4 people, 17.39%)
- Lidocaine (4 people, 17.39%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (7 people, 30.43%)
- Fatigue (7 people, 30.43%)
- Dyspnea Exertional (6 people, 26.09%)
- Oedema Peripheral (5 people, 21.74%)
- Fall (5 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Floppy when taking Atrovent?
- Check symptoms - is floppy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFloppy and drugs with ingredients of ipratropium bromide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFloppy and Atrovent from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atrovent has active ingredients of ipratropium bromide. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Atrovent 18,716 users)
Floppy has been reported by people with muscle spasticity, multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, epilepsy (latest reports from 9,063 Floppy patients).
Browse all side effects of Atroventa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FloppyFloppy
Could your condition cause FloppyFloppy
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello, I'm interested from hearing from anyone about their experience with decreased muscle tone while using Topamax. I am most curious if anyone has experienced decreased muscle tone during Topamax use and had some recovery of muscle tone after stopping the medication?
User reviews to the study
Hi, My name is Janet and about 1 month ago I had one breathing treatment with Abutarol and Atrovent. Since then I have had some ongoing constipation and abdominal swelling. Is this a continuing thing or will it go away? This is very concerning. I am hoping to get some insite from this group.. ...