Atrovent and Obs - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Obs is found among people who take Atrovent, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atrovent and have Obs. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,626 people who have side effects when taking Atrovent from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
29,626 people reported to have side effects when taking Atrovent.
Among them, 8 people (0.03%) have Obs.
What is Atrovent?
Atrovent has active ingredients of ipratropium bromide. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. eHealthMe is studying from 29,806 Atrovent users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Obs?
Obs is found to be associated with 211 drugs and 174 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Atrovent and Obs reports submitted per year:
Time on Atrovent when people have Obs *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Obs when taking Atrovent *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Obs when taking Atrovent *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Atrovent *:
- Symbicort: 8 people, 100.00%
- Potassium: 8 people, 100.00%
- Paracetamol: 8 people, 100.00%
- Heparin: 8 people, 100.00%
- Ondansetron: 5 people, 62.50%
- Novalgin: 3 people, 37.50%
Common side effects people have besides Obs *:
- Consciousness - Decreased: 8 people, 100.00%
- Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system): 8 people, 100.00%
- Death: 8 people, 100.00%
- Confusion: 8 people, 100.00%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 6 people, 75.00%
- Balance Disorder: 6 people, 75.00%
- Brain Stem Syndrome: 6 people, 75.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 12.50%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 12.50%
- Diffuse Interstitial Lung Disease (group of lung diseases affecting the interstitium): 1 person, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pneumonia: 8 people, 100.00%
- Neck Pain: 8 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 100.00%
- Metastases To Central Nervous System (cancer spreads to central nervous system): 8 people, 100.00%
- Malignant Melanoma (skin cancer rises from melancytes): 8 people, 100.00%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 8 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 8 people, 100.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 8 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 8 people, 100.00%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 8 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atrovent and have Obs?Check whether Obs is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Obs and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ipratropium bromide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Atrovent:
- Atrovent (29,806 reports)
Common Atrovent side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 5,333 reports
- Asthma: 4,521 reports
- Pneumonia: 3,112 reports
- Cough: 2,800 reports
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 2,621 reports
- Chest pain: 2,332 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,200 reports
Browse all side effects of Atrovent:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Obs treatments and more:
- Obs (255 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Obs:
- Obs in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Obs in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Obs in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Obs:
- Obs (211 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Obs:
- Obs (174 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ipratropium bromide (the active ingredients of Atrovent) and Atrovent (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Combivent and Adderall drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Adderall and Profen drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Miralax and Biaxin drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Trulicity and Gout - 10 seconds ago
- Psyllium and Back Pain - 13 seconds ago
- Paracetamol and Adderall drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Mometasone Furoate and Adderall drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Zantac and Adderall drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Adderall and Fluticasone Propionate drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Adderall and Ms Contin drug interaction - 31 seconds ago