Augmentin '125' and Weight loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 10,373 people who have side effects when taking Augmentin '125'. Weight loss is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Aspirin and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Augmentin '125' and have Weight loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,373 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin '125'.
Among them, 87 people (0.84%) have Weight loss.
What is Augmentin '125'?
Augmentin '125' has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is used in sinusitis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 10,452 Augmentin '125' users.
What is Weight loss?
Weight loss is found to be associated with 2,510 drugs and 2,225 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 55,876 people who have Weight loss.
Number of Augmentin '125' and Weight loss reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Augmentin '125' *:
- female: 63.95 %
- male: 36.05 %
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Augmentin '125' *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8.45 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.63 %
- 30-39: 5.63 %
- 40-49: 26.76 %
- 50-59: 9.86 %
- 60+: 43.66 %
Common drugs people take besides Augmentin '125' *:
- Aspirin: 49 people, 56.32%
- Zometa: 47 people, 54.02%
- Lisinopril: 38 people, 43.68%
- Protonix: 35 people, 40.23%
- Vicodin: 30 people, 34.48%
- Aranesp: 30 people, 34.48%
- Neurontin: 29 people, 33.33%
- Decadron: 28 people, 32.18%
- Paxil: 26 people, 29.89%
- Acetaminophen: 26 people, 29.89%
Common side effects people have besides Weight loss *:
- Chest Pain: 58 people, 66.67%
- Back Pain: 55 people, 63.22%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 50 people, 57.47%
- Breathing Difficulty: 49 people, 56.32%
- Stress And Anxiety: 49 people, 56.32%
- Pain: 48 people, 55.17%
- High Blood Pressure: 46 people, 52.87%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 45 people, 51.72%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 45 people, 51.72%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 45 people, 51.72%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 32 people, 36.78%
- Depression: 12 people, 13.79%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 8 people, 9.20%
- Procedural Pain: 8 people, 9.20%
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 8 people, 9.20%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 8.05%
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it): 6 people, 6.90%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 6 people, 6.90%
- Pain In Extremity: 6 people, 6.90%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 5 people, 5.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Augmentin '125' and have Weight loss?Check whether Weight loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Augmentin '125' side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Augmentin '125' side effects (10,452 reports)
Weight loss treatments and more:
- Weight loss (55,876 reports)
Common drugs associated with Weight loss:
- Risperdal: 4,788 reports
- Prednisone: 2,494 reports
- Seroquel: 2,271 reports
- Risperidone: 2,094 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,902 reports
- Humira: 1,764 reports
- Zyprexa: 1,683 reports
- Enbrel: 1,576 reports
- Metformin: 1,566 reports
- Aspirin: 1,422 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Weight loss:
- Weight loss (2,510 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Weight loss:
- Depression: 2,173 reports
- Schizophrenia: 2,009 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 1,976 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,884 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,434 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Weight loss:
- Weight loss (2,225 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium (the active ingredients of Augmentin '125') and Augmentin '125' (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin and Dementia - now
- Gabapentin and Cinvanti drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Dimethyl Fumarate and Nasopharyngitis - 14 seconds ago
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride and Splenomegaly - 17 seconds ago
- Xyzal and Taclonex drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Ibu and Excessive Or Unwanted Hair In Women - 24 seconds ago
- Ditropan Xl and Flomax drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Levoxyl and Progesterone Receptor Assay Positive - 29 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Abitrexate drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Inositol and Gait Spastic - 32 seconds ago