Augmentin '500' and Crohn's disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Crohn's disease is found among people who take Augmentin '500', especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Augmentin '500' and have Crohn's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 319 people who have side effects when taking Augmentin '500' from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
319 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin '500'.
Among them, 6 people (1.88%) have Crohn's disease.
What is Augmentin '500'?
Augmentin '500' has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 508 Augmentin '500' users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Crohn's disease?
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) is found to be associated with 2,356 drugs and 1,870 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Augmentin '500' and Crohn's disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Augmentin '500' when people have Crohn's disease *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Augmentin '500' *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Augmentin '500' *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 60 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Augmentin '500' *:
- Combivent: 3 people, 50.00%
- Percocet: 3 people, 50.00%
- Ativan: 3 people, 50.00%
- Vicodin: 3 people, 50.00%
- Albuterol: 3 people, 50.00%
- Protonix: 3 people, 50.00%
- Chantix: 2 people, 33.33%
- Pentasa: 2 people, 33.33%
- Humulin R: 2 people, 33.33%
- Benadryl: 2 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Crohn's disease *:
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 66.67%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 4 people, 66.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 66.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 50.00%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 50.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 3 people, 50.00%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 50.00%
- Purulent Discharge (discharge that contains pus): 3 people, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 50.00%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 3 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 2 people, 33.33%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 2 people, 33.33%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 1 person, 16.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 16.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 16.67%
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): 1 person, 16.67%
- Depression: 1 person, 16.67%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Augmentin '500' and have Crohn's disease?Check whether Crohn's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Crohn's disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Augmentin '500':
- Augmentin '500' (508 reports)
Crohn's disease treatments and more:
- Crohn's disease (311,491 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Crohn's disease:
- Crohn's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Crohn's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Crohn's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Crohn's disease:
All the drugs that are associated with Crohn's disease:
- Crohn's disease (2,356 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Crohn's disease:
All the conditions that are associated with Crohn's disease:
- Crohn's disease (1,870 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium (the active ingredients of Augmentin '500') and Augmentin '500' (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nexium and Saxagliptin drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Etopophos Preservative Free and Prochlorperazine drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Carvedilol and Breast Cancer Female - 5 seconds ago
- Cylert and Tenex drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Levemir and Canagliflozin drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Actemra and Malignant Neoplasm Progression - 10 seconds ago
- Nateglinide and Losartan Potassium drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate and Paxil Cr drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Clonidine and Hypovitaminosis - 31 seconds ago
- Propofol and Tongue Oedema - 35 seconds ago