Augmentin and Gastrointestinal disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal disorder is found among people who take Augmentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Augmentin and have Gastrointestinal disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,861 people who have side effects when taking Augmentin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
37,861 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin.
Among them, 232 people (0.61%) have Gastrointestinal disorder.
What is Augmentin?
Augmentin has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 39,157 Augmentin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal disorder?
Gastrointestinal disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract) is found to be associated with 2,469 drugs and 1,845 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Augmentin and Gastrointestinal disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Augmentin when people have Gastrointestinal disorder *:
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal disorder when taking Augmentin*:
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal disorder when taking Augmentin *:
Common drugs people take besides Augmentin *:
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal disorder *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Augmentin and have Gastrointestinal disorder?Check whether Gastrointestinal disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastrointestinal disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium:
- Gastrointestinal disorder and drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium (192 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Augmentin:
- Augmentin (39,157 reports)
Common Augmentin side effects:
- Fever: 3,145 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,932 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,747 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,413 reports
- Pain: 2,144 reports
- Pneumonia: 2,020 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,017 reports
Browse all side effects of Augmentin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastrointestinal disorder treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal disorder (91,292 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal disorder:
- Gastrointestinal disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastrointestinal disorder:
- Methotrexate: 7,166 reports
- Prednisone: 5,889 reports
- Humira: 5,364 reports
- Enbrel: 4,769 reports
- Pantoprazole: 3,249 reports
- Orencia: 2,989 reports
- Ibu: 2,876 reports
- Profen: 2,869 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,869 reports
- Arava: 2,836 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal disorder:
- Gastrointestinal disorder (2,469 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastrointestinal disorder:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 7,121 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,046 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,578 reports
- Crohn's disease: 2,379 reports
- Osteoporosis: 2,102 reports
- Pain: 2,048 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 1,808 reports
- Acne: 1,614 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal disorder:
- Gastrointestinal disorder (1,845 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium (the active ingredients of Augmentin) and Augmentin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nuedexta and Ventricular Tachycardia - a second ago
- Ferrous Fumarate and Hepatic Cirrhosis - 8 seconds ago
- Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength and Faeces Discolored - 10 seconds ago
- Aleve and Noctiva drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Cuts And Puncture Wounds and Lip Swelling - 12 seconds ago
- Scopolamine and Rezulin drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Wound - 16 seconds ago
- Asthma and Choking Sensation - 18 seconds ago
- Reclast and Corneal Abrasion - 21 seconds ago
- Acebutolol Hydrochloride vs. Verapamil Hydrochloride - 22 seconds ago