Who have Increased appetite with Augmentin - from FDA reports
Increased appetite is found among people who take Augmentin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have Schizophrenia. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,325 people who have side effects when taking Augmentin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
28,325 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin.
Among them, 22 people (0.08%) have Increased appetite
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Augmentin when people have Increased appetite *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Augmentin *:
- female: 63.64 %
- male: 36.36 %
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Augmentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 7.14 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 21.43 %
- 40-49: 42.86 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 4 people, 18.18%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 4 people, 18.18%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 3 people, 13.64%
- Hiv Infection: 2 people, 9.09%
- Cough: 2 people, 9.09%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote: 7 people, 31.82%
- Ativan: 7 people, 31.82%
- Zyprexa: 6 people, 27.27%
- Risperdal: 5 people, 22.73%
- Artane: 5 people, 22.73%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased: 8 people, 36.36%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 7 people, 31.82%
- Dizziness: 7 people, 31.82%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 27.27%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 22.73%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Increased appetite while taking Augmentin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Increased appetite
- Subscribe to monitor Increased appetite in Augmentin
You are not alone:
Augmentin has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Augmentin 29,447 users)
Increased appetite has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 20,063 Increased appetite patients).
Drugs that are associated with Increased appetiteIncreased appetite (1,705 drugs)
Could your condition cause Increased appetiteIncreased appetite (1,451 conditions)
Augmentin side effects
- Augmentin side effects (28,341 reports)
Browse all side effects of Augmentina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Adderall and Walnussfrüchtschalen drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Miscarriage with Gastritis? - 2 seconds ago
- Monistat-3 Combination Pack and Carafate drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Magnesium and Multivitamin drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Appetite - Increased with Effexor Xr? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Singulair, Flovent - an hour ago
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Phentermine - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Liquid Pred - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Trileptal, Effexor Xr - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Descovy, Prezcobix - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.