Avandia and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Avandia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Avandia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 141,023 people who have side effects when taking Avandia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 29, 2017
141,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Avandia.
Among them, 419 people (0.3%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Avandia when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 7.58 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.06 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 31.82 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Avandia *:
- female: 57.49 %
- male: 42.51 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Avandia *:
- 0-1: 0.29 %
- 2-9: 0.29 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.59 %
- 30-39: 4.69 %
- 40-49: 19.94 %
- 50-59: 33.43 %
- 60+: 40.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (34 people, 8.11%)
- Multiple Myeloma (32 people, 7.64%)
- Stress And Anxiety (24 people, 5.73%)
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 4.53%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (17 people, 4.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (115 people, 27.45%)
- Lipitor (95 people, 22.67%)
- Glucophage (94 people, 22.43%)
- Zometa (92 people, 21.96%)
- Byetta (90 people, 21.48%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (140 people, 33.41%)
- Nausea (127 people, 30.31%)
- Pain (126 people, 30.07%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (111 people, 26.49%)
- Back Pain (110 people, 26.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Gerd when taking Avandia?
- Check symptoms - is gerd caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGerd and drugs with ingredients of rosiglitazone maleate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGerd and Avandia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Avandia has active ingredients of rosiglitazone maleate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Avandia 141,187 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,273 Gerd patients).
Browse all side effects of Avandiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd
Could your condition cause GerdGerd
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi myself sunil from india. I am suffering from elevated serum bilirubin (2.7 to 3 mg dl) my doctor said me you have Gilbert syndrome but i have acid reflux and sinus problem as well. Will somebody throws light on relationship between these three problem and how can i deal with
I never had a problem digesting anything at all. That is, until I took one flori acid pill,and one vitamin d pill. Now I can't enjoy so much as a cup of coffee. This air bubble in my throat is there day and night. I want my life back. I bought activated charcoal, ginger tea, Tums, Beano. Still ...
I have recently started taking sulfasalizine for RA. I also take Methotrexate and Plaquinil and Nexium. Since starting the sulfa drug I have extreme acid reflux. Nothing I try to take to relieve it is helping. Is this common with sulfasalizine and will it get better after I have been on it for ...