Avandia and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Avandia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Avandia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 141,023 people who have side effects when taking Avandia from FDA, and is updated regularly.
141,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Avandia.
Among them, 419 people (0.3%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Avandia when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 7.58 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.06 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 31.82 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Avandia *:
- female: 57.49 %
- male: 42.51 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Avandia *:
- 0-1: 0.29 %
- 2-9: 0.29 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.59 %
- 30-39: 4.69 %
- 40-49: 19.94 %
- 50-59: 33.43 %
- 60+: 40.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 34 people, 8.11%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 32 people, 7.64%
- Stress And Anxiety: 24 people, 5.73%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 19 people, 4.53%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 17 people, 4.06%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 115 people, 27.45%
- Lipitor: 95 people, 22.67%
- Glucophage: 94 people, 22.43%
- Zometa: 92 people, 21.96%
- Byetta: 90 people, 21.48%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 140 people, 33.41%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 127 people, 30.31%
- Pain: 126 people, 30.07%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 111 people, 26.49%
- Back Pain: 110 people, 26.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Gerd
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Gerd in Avandia
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Avandia and Gerd
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Avandia has active ingredients of rosiglitazone maleate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Avandia 141,187 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,291 Gerd patients).
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd (2,179 drugs)
Could your condition cause GerdGerd (2,121 conditions)
Avandia side effects
- Avandia side effects (141,073 reports)
Browse all side effects of Avandiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Avandia and have Gerd
- Support group for people who have Gerd
- Support group for people who take Avandia
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, I'm 41and newly diagnosed with lupus, I was hopitalized with sepsis shock and that's when they found out about the lupus. It's totally changed my life. it's been very hard ajusting, but I thank God I'm still here. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had the same experience with...
- I am 37 uears old and have been on gabapentin for over 6 years. I noticed hair loss being the first thing. Then i wemt to the doctor's due to not feeling well found out I have an autoimmune disease (still testing) along with a heart murmur I never had till just recently.
- Hi, Jane here., I have accid reflux with slurred speech. I lost my timing first and developed slurred speech. On an 18 month waiting list to see a neurologist. I had a.c.d.f. Spinal surgery 2years Ago anyone similar? I am a senior female.
- ViCTOZA and Nexium effects. I have been nexium for years without any problems, and I just started taking ViCTOZA a week and a half ago. The first week at .06 measurements I seemed fine but when I increased it to 1.2 amount,I immediately started getting really bad heartburn. Has anyone else...
- Sue from Christchurch nz have a slight pressure from time to time behind my voice box and trouble going to sleep
- Will you have Delirium with Ramelteon?
- Will you have Ophthalmalgia with Zyprexa?
- Will you have Breast Cancer Recurrent with Accutane?
- Will you have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis with Aspirin?
- What to expect when you have Appendicitis and Angina Pectoris?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Ramelteon and have Delirium?
- Support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Ophthalmalgia?
- Support group for people who take Accutane and have Breast Cancer Recurrent?
- Support group for people who take Aspirin and have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Support group for people who take Augmentin '125' and have Intestinal Obstruction?
- Hi my name is Georgette and I suffer from GERD and constipation. I Need you guy help on getting...
- Hi - I’m currently taking macrobid for frequent uti’s & venlafaxin for mild anxiety & have just...
- I had a test done twice recently and came up positive, stack that on top of this severe high...
- Hi. iim 26 and I have chocking sensations, headache, tension fall, maybe also kyphosis, anyone else...
- Dear all, I'm 26 and Im lately having chocking sensation, as if something suddenly closes my...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.