Avandia and Reaction to drug excipients - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Reaction to drug excipients is reported only by a few people who take Avandia.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avandia and have Reaction to drug excipients. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 141,784 people who have side effects while taking Avandia from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
141,784 people reported to have side effects when taking Avandia.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Reaction to drug excipients.
What is Avandia?
Avandia has active ingredients of rosiglitazone maleate. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 141,903 Avandia users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Reaction to drug excipients?
Reaction to drug excipients is found to be associated with 649 drugs and 476 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avandia and Reaction to drug excipients reports submitted per year:
Time on Avandia when people have Reaction to drug excipients *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Reaction to drug excipients when taking Avandia *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Reaction to drug excipients when taking Avandia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Avandia *:
- Xanax: 2 people, 50.00%
- Levemir: 2 people, 50.00%
- Cipro: 2 people, 50.00%
- Diovan: 2 people, 50.00%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 50.00%
- Lasix: 2 people, 50.00%
- Avandamet: 2 people, 50.00%
- Levothroid: 2 people, 50.00%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 50.00%
- Meclizine: 2 people, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Reaction to drug excipients *:
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 75.00%
- Wound Infection: 2 people, 50.00%
- Local Swelling (swelling at the site of some application of substance or injury): 2 people, 50.00%
- Wound: 2 people, 50.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 2 people, 50.00%
- Infection: 2 people, 50.00%
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar): 2 people, 50.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 2 people, 50.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 50.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 2 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Chronic Thyroiditis (long lasting inflammation of thyroid gland): 2 people, 50.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 25.00%
- Itching: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avandia and have Reaction to drug excipients?Check whether Reaction to drug excipients is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Reaction to drug excipients and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of rosiglitazone maleate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avandia:
- Avandia (141,903 reports)
Common Avandia side effects:
Browse all side effects of Avandia:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Reaction to drug excipients treatments and more:
- Reaction to drug excipients (2,370 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Reaction to drug excipients:
- Reaction to drug excipients in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Reaction to drug excipients in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Reaction to drug excipients in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Reaction to drug excipients:
- Levothyroxine sodium: 125 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Reaction to drug excipients:
- Reaction to drug excipients (649 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Reaction to drug excipients:
- Blood pressure increased: 159 reports
- Hbp: 159 reports
- High blood pressure: 159 reports
- Hypertension: 159 reports
- Hypothyroidism: 123 reports
- Low thyroid: 123 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Reaction to drug excipients:
- Reaction to drug excipients (476 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rosiglitazone maleate (the active ingredients of Avandia) and Avandia (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Latanoprost and Sarcoidosis - a second ago
- Prednisolone and Abnormal Sleep-Related Event - 2 seconds ago
- Polaramine and Cholecystitis - 8 seconds ago
- Suboxone and Vomiting Projectile - 21 seconds ago
- Tricor and Carpal Tunnel Decompression - 22 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Haematotoxicity - 23 seconds ago
- Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome and Protein Urine - 26 seconds ago
- Thyroid Gland Removal and Gamma-Glutamyltransferase Increased - 28 seconds ago
- Zithromax and Fainting - 28 seconds ago
- How effective is Glucophage for Type 2 Diabetes? - 38 seconds ago