Avapro and Delirium - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Delirium is found among people who take Avapro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avapro and have Delirium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,022 people who have side effects when taking Avapro from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Avapro.
Among them, 55 people (0.31%) have Delirium.
What is Avapro?
Avapro has active ingredients of irbesartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 18,964 Avapro users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Delirium?
Delirium (wild excitement) is found to be associated with 2,559 drugs and 2,320 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avapro and Delirium reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Delirium when taking Avapro *:
- female: 58.49 %
- male: 41.51 %
Age of people who have Delirium when taking Avapro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.25 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 6.25 %
- 60+: 79.17 %
Common drugs people take besides Avapro *:
- Norvasc: 22 people, 40.00%
- Lasix: 18 people, 32.73%
- Lipitor: 16 people, 29.09%
- Coumadin: 14 people, 25.45%
- Synthroid: 12 people, 21.82%
- Detrol: 11 people, 20.00%
- Aspirin: 11 people, 20.00%
- Cymbalta: 11 people, 20.00%
- Vioxx: 10 people, 18.18%
- Fosamax: 10 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Delirium *:
- Confusional State: 20 people, 36.36%
- Pneumonia: 18 people, 32.73%
- Headache (pain in head): 18 people, 32.73%
- Pain In Extremity: 15 people, 27.27%
- Depression: 15 people, 27.27%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 13 people, 23.64%
- Weakness: 13 people, 23.64%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 23.64%
- Enlarged Heart: 12 people, 21.82%
- Mental Status Changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation): 12 people, 21.82%
Common conditions people have *:
- Vasculitis (inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels): 4 people, 7.27%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 5.45%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 5.45%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 3 people, 5.45%
- Pain: 2 people, 3.64%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 2 people, 3.64%
- Depression: 2 people, 3.64%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 2 people, 3.64%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 3.64%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 2 people, 3.64%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avapro and have Delirium?Check whether Delirium is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Delirium and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of irbesartan:
- Delirium and drugs with ingredients of irbesartan (108 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avapro:
- Avapro (18,964 reports)
Common Avapro side effects:
Browse all side effects of Avapro:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Delirium treatments and more:
- Delirium (37,218 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Delirium:
- Delirium in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Delirium in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Delirium in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Delirium:
All the drugs that are associated with Delirium:
- Delirium (2,559 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Delirium:
All the conditions that are associated with Delirium:
- Delirium (2,320 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on irbesartan (the active ingredients of Avapro) and Avapro (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Morphine Sulfate and Rifater drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Cluster Headache - 8 seconds ago
- Bisoprolol Fumarate and Carotid Artery Dissection - 10 seconds ago
- Ultravate and Blood Urea Nitrogen/Creatinine Ratio Increased - 19 seconds ago
- Risedronate Sodium and Joint Pain - 19 seconds ago
- Allegra and Hiprex drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Amaryl and Headache - 23 seconds ago
- Stelara and Hiv Infection - 26 seconds ago
- Urispas and Elmiron drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Remodulin and Tracleer drug interaction - 45 seconds ago